Trailer mounted leaf shredders

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by mindset063, Aug 19, 2006.

1. mindset063

mindset063 LawnSite Member

I'm looking to get a leaf shredder to mount on the front of my trailer that will shoot the debri into my truck bed. I have only found one so far. Could someone please point me in the right direction as to finding more models. Please let me know of web sites and/or brands to look at.
    Thanks

2. mowingtowing

mowingtowing LawnSite Member

what have you found so far? I have a giant vac mounted on the front of my dump trailer (blowing into the dump trailer, not truck). Giant Vac makes a vacuum that mounts on the tailgate.
    http://www.giant-vac.com/

3. Dunn's

Dunn's LawnSite Bronze Member

4. CLARK LAWN

CLARK LAWN LawnSite Silver Member

i have a giant-vac model 2501 mounted on my trailer blowing into a 1 ton dump truck. it was origanly a tow behind that the wheels and tongue were removed and the vertical discharge pipe had about 1.5 feet cut off. discharge height is about 11.5 feet from the ground to the bottom of the flex pipe. you would have to set it on your trailer and measure to determine the height you would need.

5. lawncare18

lawncare18 LawnSite Senior Member

Post some pictures of it and your equipment for us to see!!!!

6. Tharrell

Tharrell LawnSite Silver Member

Trac-Vac has a unit mounted on a trailer, I saw it a couple of years ago.
    I wouldn't want a dedicated trailer but, it got me thinking that a 12 foot trailer could double up as a leaf loader. It looked like a regular tailgate type loader that just shot the debris into a trailer, it was mounted on the trailer tongue though.