trailer mounted vac- hose to box on truck?

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by FrankenScagMachines, Oct 1, 2004.

1. FrankenScagMachines

FrankenScagMachines LawnSite Platinum Member
    from IN

Hi all,
    for you guys that have your vac mounted on the trailer, and your box on the truck, do you leave your discharge hose from the vac to the truck connected all the time except when dumping or do you disconnect it between jobs? How do you connect it on each end to keep it secured if you do not disconnect it between jobs?
    I guess I will have to make some collars to rivet to the ends of my hoses and try to fit some latches to that or something... or large hose clamps? or some sort of clasp latches? It is not a store bought factory built loader, it's just an engine and vac from a mower bagger setup, so it doesn't come with any special hoses or connectors.

Thanks for any help.
    Eric

2. GreenMonster

GreenMonster LawnSite Silver Member
    from NH

Eric,

I have something like 12" diameter hose extension that goes from the loader to the back of the truck. Back of the truck has a p/t plywood gate. I cut out a hole big enough for the hose to fit, but only so that I can "thread" the corrugated hose into it.

So.... I just thread the hose further into the plywood when I go from job to job. When I get to the next job, I thread it out, over the chute. No need for me to "connect" it to the leaf loader chute.

3. FrankenScagMachines

FrankenScagMachines LawnSite Platinum Member
    from IN

Thanks Mark. So it just sits there, no special connectors? I may try to mount it on the truck somehow, this might be better for what i want to do. We'll see.
    Thanks
    Eric

4. GreenMonster

GreenMonster LawnSite Silver Member
    from NH

nope. no connectors whatsoever. Like I said, I just cut the hole in the plywood small enough so that hose threads into it. That holds it in place.

I think I'd like mine on the truck too, but it's not happening this year. Maybe over the winter. Here's a link to the hose distributor, FWIW.

www.omniservices.com