1. Missed the live Ask the Expert event?
    Not to worry. Check out the archived thread of the Q&A with Ken Hutcheson, President of U.S. Lawns, and the LawnSite community on the Franchising Forum.

Dismiss Notice

Trailer odometer

Discussion in 'Trucks and Trailers' started by fourseasonlawns, Aug 20, 2005.

1. fourseasonlawns

fourseasonlawns LawnSite Member

I am looking for an odometer for my 16 ft open trailer. I was hoping to find a hub odometer similar to which you would find on the big 18 wheeler trailers.
    This would help in easing the calculations to tire rotation and brake replacement. I am manually writing my mileage now, when my trailer is connected.
    Maybe someone knows where I can find an odometer, or of another method, besides rotating the first of every month.
    Thanks.

2. PLM-1

PLM-1 LawnSite Bronze Member

That sounds like a cool thing just to have. I'm curious...

3. wriken

wriken LawnSite Silver Member

Just yesterday, I was thinking the same thing. But I don't rotate my tires that often, I was curious as to how many actual business miles were on this trailer/truck combo. I do a milage write off on the truck that pulls my trailer, and I don't always write the miles down, as to the other truck is a lease. The other plow truck maybe see's 5000 miles a year.

4. wriken

wriken LawnSite Silver Member

5. shepoutside

shepoutside LawnSite Bronze Member

Mine were bought at a heavy truck parts store. There are sold, and calibrated for the rim/tire size you need. :)

6. fourseasonlawns

fourseasonlawns LawnSite Member