Trailer Or Walk Behind> Which To Buy?

Discussion in 'Starting a Lawn Care Business' started by DSLND, Jan 21, 2006.

1. DSLND

DSLND LawnSite Bronze Member

Hey Guys,

I am in need of a walk behind for leaves and would really would like to have one. I am now servicing with a Toro Z150, craftsman 21in, STIHL Hand held equipment and a 5x10 carry on trailer. I Would really like to have a new trailer so i could get more stuff on. I looked a a 6x12 for like $1125 which wasnt bad but i dont know whether to get a walk behind w/ a bagger or a new trailer so i can haul the walk behind along with everything else.

IDEAS?

5x10 Carry On Trailer w/racks
    Craftsman 22.5hp 50in deck w/plow,weights,and chains
    (parents but get to start using it in 06) Toro Z150 52in deck 20hp Kohler
    6.5hp Craftsman Bagger Mower
    STIHL FS55RC Trimmer
    STIHL BG55 Blower
    STIHL FC44 Edger

Toro,STIHL,Chevy,and Carry On
    Can I Say Anymore?:gunsfirin

2. lawnmaniac883

lawnmaniac883 LawnSite Silver Member

Trailer first then walkbehind, no cense in having a piece of equipment you cannot transport.

3. chuck bow

chuck bow LawnSite Senior Member

From looking at your profile, how are you going to get from point a to point b being only 12 years old, iam sorry there is noway a 12 year should be running a commercial walkbehind . Iam prob going to get flamed for that comment but just the way i feel. i was 29 something when i learned how to run a walk and the first time i ran it it being inexperienced i pinned myself against a fence and thought i was going to die so i cant ever see a kid running a commercial walk

4. chuck bow

chuck bow LawnSite Senior Member

From looking at your profile, how are you going to get from point a to point b being only 12 years old, iam sorry there is noway a 12 year should be running a commercial walkbehind . Iam prob going to get flamed for that comment but just the way i feel. i was 29 something when i learned how to run a walk and the first time i ran it it being inexperienced i pinned myself against a fence and thought i was going to die so i cant ever see a kid running a commercial walk

5. CLARK LAWN

CLARK LAWN LawnSite Silver Member

i totaly agree with you also what do you need a trailer for you cant drive so you cant pull itand as for buying a crapsman tracror dont waste your money stick with your push mower since in all honesty you will only be doing your neighbors yards

6. mkwl

mkwl LawnSite Bronze Member

I started mowing with my 48" Bob-Cat WB at age 13 with no problems, and my 11 year old brother handles my 36" Toro Proline WB with little difficulty either. I can see where you're coming from on this one, but if he can handle it without problems, let him! You pinned yourself against a fence at age 29..now that's just plain sad!:rolleyes:

7. True Cut Lawn Maintenance

True Cut Lawn Maintenance LawnSite Senior Member

how in the H*ll are you 12 and been in business for 4 years?? Mowing a neighbors yard isnt being in "Business", save your money for when you can drive.

8. mkwl

mkwl LawnSite Bronze Member

Yeah, even I must agree, I can't picture my 8 year old brother mowing lawns all by himself.

9. True Cut Lawn Maintenance

True Cut Lawn Maintenance LawnSite Senior Member

now granted i drove a riding mower on our farm when i was 9 and by 11 i knew how to drive a Combine, i think there was a added leval of maturity by kids raised on farms.

If i were this kid id mow my neighbors yard for spending cash and keep my nose in the books and go to college and get a good education so you dont have to cut grass all day long.

10. parttimer

parttimer LawnSite Member

I dont think i would want 12 or 14 year old son behind wb , Im 38 and still find myself in some tricky places. :eek: :eek: :eek: