Lawn Care Forum banner

trailer paint

5K views 26 replies 10 participants last post by  wriken 
#1 ·
Just got my trailer back from the paint shop, he sandblasted top and bottom, primered it and painted it. I have to put reflective tape and marker lights back in. He welded up one of my cross members also, said it would be wise to check once and a while, I may beef up that area this winter.

Tire Wheel Vehicle Automotive tire Plant

See less See more
#2 ·
another pic of trailer. I added another set of tail lights, right behind the fenders, you could'nt see the orginal ones very well when the gate was in the down position. I will post a pic of that later.

Wheel Tire Vehicle Automotive tire Motor vehicle

#14 ·
Originally posted by burnandreturn
What did it cost to sandblast and prime and paint the trailer, if you don't mind?
The size of the trailer is 6.5x20', as far as cost, I thought was a little high, 460.00, but should last awile. I don't know if I will ever have a trailer painted again or not, reasons are This year I have put new brakes (1 axle roughly $100.00 including my labor) 4 new tires mounted ($282.64), and paint job $460.00 which totals almost $850.00, I may be further ahead to sell the trailer, buy another one, and have a write off to boot. So in 2 years it may be up for sale:)

#23 ·
Originally posted by wriken
wonder if he was doing the same thing I used to do down by the tracks:D
I talked with my guy and right now he doesn't have the time, but keep him in mind he said. He is racking up jobs outside of the workplace doing pavers, brush cutter, lawn renovation, etc. It's fine by me because it keeps him busy when I don't need him. It's almost like insurance for me that he won't jump ship to someplace else. He's a great worker too!

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.