Trailer Park

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by Tn Lawn Man, Apr 21, 2005.

1. Tn Lawn Man

Tn Lawn Man LawnSite Senior Member

Any thoughts on bidding a trailer park? I never done one.

There is nothing special about this one. It is a simple cut, trim, blow and go. No flower/mulch beds, no special yard ornaments....a very cut and dry simple job. The homes are close together, a 48" WB will easily fit, however a large rider may have a little trouble in spots.

I was thinking of bidding per trailer home in the $5 to $7 range.

50 units so $250 to $350 per cut. ?????? Thanks

2. Todd's lawncare

Todd's lawncare LawnSite Senior Member
    from P.A

5 to 7 for real ??? wow thats cheap man i know they can be small but i would say atleast 15 rock bottum

3. joeg2246

joeg2246 LawnSite Member

I think if I owned the park and it was going to cost me $2800 a month to get the yards done I would get my own mower.

4. Todd's lawncare

from P.A

is that what you get for a 50 unit place ?

5. Tn Lawn Man

Tn Lawn Man LawnSite Senior Member

If this helps at all I was trying to apply the dollar a minute rule. Each home should only take about 5 minutes tops to include trimming and blowing.

6. Todd's lawncare

from P.A

Ok but i think that 1 a min thing applies the large lawns . I was talking about that with my brother tonight he did alot of lawn care in Mo and he said that is better for doing large ones . even if you cut this as one big deal i still think your to low JMO

7. joeg2246

joeg2246 LawnSite Member

I was just thinking if you went 15 dollars per unit it would be very expensive compared to the 5 to 7 he was thinking. Just thinking what I would think if I were the park owner. Not trying to be a pain just a comment from the cheap seats.

8. Todd's lawncare

from P.A

OH i know but at 15 would be 750 a cut 3000 a month . There has to be some kind or trimming and or blowing i might go 500 a cut there for being 2000 month 5-7 would be 100 - 1400 a month = 16-23 hours seems low

9. LwnmwrMan22

LwnmwrMan22 LawnSite Platinum Member

I do a trailer park now.

I just do the common areas, the tenants are responsible for their own lots.

The problem you're going to have, unless it's a very clean one, is people are always going to have a boat, kids toys, gardening tools, whatever in the yard that you'll be mowing around.

If I did the lawns for the park as well, it would be $10 / yard, or $800 / cut, since there are 80 homes in the park.

Once in a while we'll mow for the tenants and we get $15 to mow and trim.

10. nepatsfan

nepatsfan LawnSite Gold Member

i wouldnt mow in a trailer park. i wouldnt want them stealing the equipment off the truck. besides dealing with trailer trash isnt worth it, they are probably the worst complainers in the world.