1. Missed the live Ask the Expert event?
    Not to worry. Check out the archived thread of the Q&A with Ken Hutcheson, President of U.S. Lawns, and the LawnSite community in the Franchising forum .

Dismiss Notice

Trailer Parks

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by caz1, Apr 4, 2005.

1. caz1

caz1 LawnSite Member

what do you guys charge to cut trailer parks lots got a call on one to day looked at might take 15min tops to do I've also heaed that I most like will get alot more in the court on people walking up to me.
  2. Jerry and Sons

Jerry and Sons LawnSite Member
    from Pa

Not sure what your trailer parks are like but around here you might be finding a few pitas. The only court you will be going to is civil court , so you can attempt to collect the money that is owed to you. Hope that it is different up your way.
  3. Gautreaux's LNG

Gautreaux's LNG LawnSite Senior Member

Depends on what it looks like. We have some clean trailer parks here and some real nasty ones. Some parks the management is real tight but you have to be real careful with these!!!!!
  4. Todd's lawncare

Todd's lawncare LawnSite Senior Member
    from P.A

The same as you would any other yard that would take 15 min . It don't matter what or were it is does it ?
    And BTW there a million dollar trailer parks that the rich and famous live in whats wrong with a trailer ?
    And no i don't live in one
  5. chefdrp

chefdrp LawnSite Bronze Member

i have about 10 accounts in a very nice park. The managment is very strict about the peoples lots. I charge a min of 15 bucks.
  6. caz1

caz1 LawnSite Member

We have two parks in town here both are most elderly people
  7. gqnine44

gqnine44 LawnSite Senior Member

My advice would be stay away...these people (big-time stereotype here) will not pay you. They have to save money for ciggarettes, lottery tickets, and cable T.V., there is none left over to pay you. There may be nice trailer parks somewhere but not here in Cincy. The few times I have went against my better judgement and worked for "poor" people I have eventually gotten screwed.

If you decide to do it you have to watch your trimmer string as it will go right through the "siding" that covers the concrete blocks they sit on around the base of the trailer...Dont get too close. I know this because I a guy who used to work for me lived in one and I did his "house" several times...he eventually screwed me and still owes me $35.00.
  8. jtkplc

jtkplc LawnSite Silver Member

The company I work for does several trailer parks. We charge $15 a lawn that takes us, with a crew of 2, just about 5 minutes to mow, trim, and blow.
  9. caz1

caz1 LawnSite Member

Ok I have another ? The place I buy My Vehicles from I have became Friends with the owner hes look to replace his current lawn service because guy tried to double the price I know the price he wants to pay I think its to low however he has gave great deals on great vehicles and I know it will land me some great paying jobs what would you do in this situation
  10. LawnTamer

LawnTamer LawnSite Gold Member

An old neighbor of mine made a killing in a trailer park. He just ran 21" WB's and charged $15/lawn. He and two helpers would go wipe out 15 or 20 of these all right together in well under 2 hours. The owners were nearly all retired people and paid great. I've had clients that appear to be poor as dirt and have paid every bill on time. I've also had a couple of clients in mansion size homes skip out on their bill by declaring bankruptcy. :angry: