Trailer parks

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by turfcat75, Apr 17, 2001.

1. turfcat75

turfcat75 LawnSite Member

just got 8 trailer park lawns today from 1 referel,i might be able too get 10 more lawns in that same park.Guy was mowing them for only 10$ bucks a cut,the lots are really small is it worth taking on the other lawns there or am i wasting my time?
  2. crs

crs LawnSite Member

It has been a while, but I used to cut a whole trailer park more than a few years ago. It had a very high pita factor. Lots of trash and kids toys etc. If you don't have to put up with that kind of thing it sounds like it might be a pretty good deal.

One thing to think about as far as your pricing goes is that each single customer will require time for billing and record keeping.

Best of luck!
  3. skyphoto

skyphoto LawnSite Member

I mowed several of these but they all pooled their money and paid me one lump some to do the entire park (12 of them) They took me about 3 hrs and I made a hundred bucks....So 10 buck a piece sounds good to me but Im sure you gonna hear from guys that say they will NOT EVER unload for less than 25 bucks even for a postcard size lawn you will have to make the call!
    Peace And good luck!
  4. awm

awm LawnSite Gold Member

unless you are to get you money from oneperson
    pk manager or whatever. you may be nickeled to death
    dont think id do it unless one person is responcible to getyou your money.also per cut doesnt sound like enough to me.coarse you are there so you can get a better read on it
    luck to ya
  5. turfcat75

Thanks for the response!!
    i figure since they are all in the same park theres no travel time and all close together and they are so small,and they are pretty much all old people.The guy that did them before said they all pay on time.The reason he is quitting them he is 63years old and does about 40 of em and its too much work for him so he wanted too get rid of about 20 of them...i think its a good deal if i can get enough too spend the day there ...looks like about 20 lawns....
  6. williamslawn

williamslawn LawnSite Member
    from SC

I stay away from trailer parks too much liability. Kids, trash, kids toys, and kids. If you do them do them early in the AM. Most of the kids will not be up early. Good luck you will need it. Beleive me I know. I held my breath every time I had to cut the trailer park. I was glad I fullfilled that contract and moved on to bigger and better things.
  7. turfcat75

There all pretty much senior citizens in this trailer park..
    kept very clean
  8. CSRA Landscaping

CSRA Landscaping LawnSite Bronze Member

Wow, you guys have trailer parks up north, too? I thought that was just a southern 'thang.' Sounds like you may have hit on a good one if it's all senior citizens and they keep it neat. Watch out for the old ladies =-) they can get crabby sometimes. Good luck with them, go for the referrals.
  9. big mike

big mike LawnSite Member

this is a response to turfcat's trailer park.i mow about 30 lots and i get between $10.00-$18.00 per lot depending on the size(corner lots are more).you have to watch out for the skirting some is metal and some are plasic and a trimmer can do some major damage.i always have the homeowner do a walk around with me to point out any damage already done then they can't blame me,but other than that trailer parks can be a good deal thank's big mike
  10. lawnman_scott

lawnman_scott LawnSite Fanatic

I do part of a senior citizen park,i have about 28 of them in it, and charge $7 per cut. I bill them all every 4 times, and at that price still make about $60 per hour, so i would definatly take that one.