Trailer peeled like a sardine can.

Discussion in 'Trucks and Trailers' started by djchiodo3, Jan 27, 2011.

1. djchiodo3

djchiodo3 LawnSite Senior Member

Had a 2004 Cadillac take out my 20' cargo trailer Tuesday morning. Almost hit me head on. He missed the truck but caught the front of trailer which is wider then my truck. Peeled the side off and tore the front tire off the axle. Trailer is totaled. Part of the under frame is bent along with both axles. All lawn equipment was not damaged. Had mulch piled in front of trailer which caught the mower. Trailer was a wells cargo car hauler. Dealer says eight weeks to get replacement. He can, however, get a 20' vnose Lark trailer in six days. Has anyone had any problems with Lark trailers? Their price is $3000 less then the wells cargo. Thanks for your help.

2. Showpropserv

Showpropserv LawnSite Member
    from mn

what no pics That truely sucks and had to hurt a little

3. A&R Enterprise

A&R Enterprise LawnSite Member

That SUCKS:cry:.That is the thing i am afraid of when I am towing my 24 ft down the road.Thank goodness none of the equipment got wrecked.Hope things turn out well for ya.

4. djchiodo3

A piece of the trailer went through the driver side door, but then looped outward. If it had turned inward it would have gone through the guy and maybe killed him. We were both lucky. He was cited however, for careless driving. His insurance company, I hope, will cover the cost of another trailer. I have pics on my phone. I am just not sure on how to insert them into the thread.

5. Showpropserv

Showpropserv LawnSite Member
    from mn

6. A&R Enterprise

I would like to see pics if you figure it out.
    I hope he has allstate.....LOL

7. djchiodo3

He had to be 79 or 80 years old. It was dark and he said he had never driven on this road before. What he did was move over when he saw me coming, but he went off the road. He over corrected steering right back into my trailer.

8. A&R Enterprise

Like I said I hope things go your way and everything is taken care of for ya.:drinkup:

9. twcw5804

twcw5804 LawnSite Senior Member

send it as a txt message but instead of putting in your phone number put in your email address. If that doesn't work for ya let me know you can text them to me and I'll post them.

10. Richard Martin

Richard Martin LawnSite Fanatic