Trailer pics and tips

Discussion in 'Original Pictures Forum' started by lawn job, Aug 3, 2010.

1. Aaronnc

Aaronnc LawnSite Senior Member
    from Zone 7B

OP, I've been drooling over this bad boy for months, but have never gotten a price quote. Heard rumors that they can go for $12k plus. Just love the all in one dump and trailer aspect though. Does anyone out there have any experience with this type trailer?

side_dump_float_trailer.jpg

2. M RASCOE&SONS

M RASCOE&SONS LawnSite Bronze Member

who makes this trailer?

3. Aaronnc

from Zone 7B

I saw it here one day, searching for dump trailers. It's called the side dump float trailer. A buddy of mine told me he knew a guy in Texas that had one just like it (maybe not the exact same manufacturer) and believed he paid somewhere around $12k for it. That killed it for me, so I never called. Can't stop thinking about it though. Seems like the perfect open trailer. http://www.berkelmanswelding.on.ca/

4. Aaronnc

from Zone 7B

5. M RASCOE&SONS

M RASCOE&SONS LawnSite Bronze Member

i think if you mounted a 6ft easy dump insert sideways on a trailer you might save a bunch of cash and it wouldnt be that hard.$$$$

6. Aaronnc

from Zone 7B

Yeah, I'm seriously considering it. Gonna look at all my options. I found another one just now: http://www.equipmenttraderonline.co...A-MANUFACTURING-VERSA-DUMP-SIDE-DUMP-92060825 It's 20ft, and $7495 plus $150 shipping. I saw where they'll make one up to 22 ft. Gonna call them and get an estimate. When I bought my 16 footer I was just mowing/trimming/blowing which works perfect. But now I'm getting more and more into landscaping and need a dump something bad.

7. Aaronnc

from Zone 7B

I swear this thread is gonna make me go into debt. ;) Thanks M. Rascoe & Sons. Your right. That easy dump looks awesome too. Probably a lot more cost efficient.

8. cps

cps LawnSite Member

I saw one of these here in NY and I thought it was a great idea for grass clippings. But then I starting thinking about it and I decided that a 1ton dump truck would fit my needs better. Its nice to be able to go get a load of dirt with out having to pull a 22'-24' trailer along with me. It also lets you dump in tight areas where you cant get a trailer in. But i've got to say they sure look great and down the road I might add one on..

9. orlawncaresvc

orlawncaresvc LawnSite Senior Member

Check out our thread. "O & R Lawn Care" We fabricated the trailer our selves.
    Posted via Mobile Device