Trailer Pics

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by Doogiegh, Jun 21, 2002.

1. Doogiegh

Doogiegh LawnSite Senior Member

Finally figured out how to reduce a 742KB digital camera picture to one that lawnsite can accept. Here's some pics of my 7' by 16' trailer that I've been working on to get to where I want it.

2. Doogiegh

Another one

3. Doogiegh

Here's one of the gate lift system I made up:

4. Doogiegh

Gate lift with gate down:

5. Clint

Clint LawnSite Member
    from Texas

i noticed thats a really steep ramp, i have to use my man power to push down and bring up my deck on my 36" metro to keep from scraping the bottom of the deck on my ramp, and its not as steep as that!

SCAPEASAURUSREX LawnSite Senior Member

That ramp angle does look really steep , but it's probably cause of the angle of the pic and the way you reduced it in size probably skewed off the pic to look like that , I'm hoping ?

The Trailer looks really great man, nice job.. But the deck looks entirely tooo nice to be for a landscape trailer.. Looks like it belongs in the bed of a 50's chevy pick up at a car show...

Best of luck with it... make sure you set up a breakaway kit and electric brakes of some sort.... According to Federal law as I was told, any trailer with a GVW of over 3000 lbs is required to have a brake system and breakaway kit as well.... Could not tell if you had it from the pics, but that must have a GVW over 3K #'s judging from the size and design of the tongue...
  7. rkbrown

rkbrown LawnSite Senior Member

Nice work, Doogiegh !!! I think you will get a lot of good use out of that trailer !
  8. Gtotoy

Gtotoy LawnSite Member

9. Doogiegh

The ramp isn't that steep, as you were right the picture above was skewed from resizing, etc. Here's a better view of the ramp. Thanks for all the positive comments on the trailer. It was in ok shape when I got it, but so far I spent $170 in wood, probably $30 in additional hardware gizmos, $48 for the 2 ez-gate helpers, $20 on new lights/wire and that's it so far. Oh Yeah, $15 on 4 cans of spray paint and $10 on deck sealer. So I did put probably close to $300 into it, but man, it looks great. <G>

It does have what seems to be hydralic brakes on 1 of the 2 axles, my next thing to do is to get 1 of the axels that is bent, fixed and to have the brake system checked and up to snuff. Then I'll be all set.

BTW, the metal square plates on the floor of the trailer, up near the nose are anchor points for belts to secure my mowers down. I measured them out and with racheting belts, my mowers won't be moving more than a millimeter. <G>

10. lawncare3

lawncare3 LawnSite Bronze Member

I love the trailer but, not so much on the wheels what size are those?:)