Trailer price

Discussion in 'Trucks and Trailers' started by SchultzLawnCare, May 15, 2008.

1. SchultzLawnCare

SchultzLawnCare LawnSite Senior Member

Im looking at buying an ALUMA enclosed trailer. Its 4 years old but has not been used the last 2 years. Its been sitting in a pole barn so it was protected. the trailer is 16.5 feet long and 6'9'' wall to all and a 6'4'' door opening and 6 feet high. The only bad thing is that it is DOORS and not ramps. I have experience driving down ramps because thats what i do now, so that wont be a big deal. It has a front door, electic brakes, all aluminum.

if I can get it for $4000 would it be a good deal? or what is the max that you would pay....

Also is aluma a good brand?

Thanks alot.

Nick

2. mowtivated lawn Care

mowtivated lawn Care LawnSite Member
    from Ohio

I just purchased one 5100 tax title included which will take four weeks to get built but it is a Haulin all aluminum once piece, dual brakes 7x16 rear ramp 75'' wide with a 48'' door brand new top notch goodies if that gives you an idea. To have the ramp option added for me it cost me an additional $300 so you could always maybe pick one up but by then your close to my new price. Sometime it all depends on the location because I heard just in Canada my trailer would go for over 7000 new from the salesman. He has alot of guys coming over the border and taking them back up north to sell them due to the price difference. Good Luck.

3. SchultzLawnCare

yeah i called around here and the prices for the same thing are around 9000

4. mowtivated lawn Care

from Ohio

In Minnesota they cost that much for the same thing. Holy Crap

5. SchultzLawnCare

thats what the dealers are saying. so do you think i could get a good deal if its 4000 this guy is a great guy by the way. he works at my local dealer.

6. mowtivated lawn Care

from Ohio

Unless you want to drive ohio then I would think so then. i would just chek it out top to bottom.

7. SchultzLawnCare

anything to look for spacificly on an alluminum trailer? its my first time buying one so. THANKS ALOT!

8. mowtivated lawn Care

from Ohio

Not a problem my first one for me to. Make sure not galvanized and one piece roof sould be nice. Enjoy you should I cant wait for mine.