Trailer prices

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by HOMER, Apr 15, 2001.

1. HOMER

HOMER LawnSite Gold Member

I don't know if this is legal here but I have a price list in my hands from a guy not too far from here that makes trailers. After reading some of the prices you guys are paying I thought it would be interesting to list them. Again, I need permission or you can just e-mail me and I'll fax you a copy. My Dad delivered some steel to this guy and said the trailers looked pretty good to him.

2. summitgroundskeeping

summitgroundskeeping LawnSite Senior Member

There are dealers 10 min. from me who charge what all these guys pay. If I drive 2 hours, I can get that same trailer $300 or more cheaper. Bought directly from the manufacture, only way to go, cut out the middle man. And it's the same kind trailers these guys are selling by me too.

3. HOMER

I now have prices in e-mail form. Talked with they guy today on the phone, might be worth checking into. E-mail me with your address and I will send it to you.

4. Guido

Guido LawnSite Silver Member

Whats up man?

Just curious, send the e-mail my way if you get a chance.

Thanks!

5. Scraper

Scraper LawnSite Bronze Member

oscapes@yahoo.com

Thanks Homer!

6. danlawnser

danlawnser LawnSite Senior Member

danlawnser@hotmail.com

Thanks Homer! Also were you just joking about the sweeper attachment for picking up leaves. I might try it.

7. eslawns

eslawns LawnSite Senior Member

Bought directly from the manufacture, only way to go, cut out the middle man.

Don't assume that. We have a local mfg near me that was $400 higher than the next highest guy for the same trailer. I see used 5x10s go for $700 and up because they're the most popular size here.

Homer,

my email is eslawns@altavista.com

8. HOMER

Dan,

I was serious about the cheaper sweeper. For the money it sure beats raking. If you set the brushes low enough it will pick up cigarette butts, trash, rocks, anything it can pick up. I have mine on loan to one of my schools. They agreed to pick up the pine cones with it and save me the hassle.

9. danlawnser

danlawnser LawnSite Senior Member

Thanks Homer. I think I will get one for leaf season. Thanks also for those prices.

10. tony58

tony58 LawnSite Member

Homer
    I received a reply on my E-Mail about the trailers, but the price was not included.
    Thanks
    Tony 58