Trailer pulling

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by Kingbman1, Oct 11, 2003.

1. Kingbman1

Kingbman1 LawnSite Member

Any studs out there pull there trailer with a mini van?? I pull ours with a 97 pontiac transport. It attracts lots of fine young moms. They all say they have van just like it. hahaha
  2. WeatherMan

WeatherMan LawnSite Senior Member

mini van could not pull my trailer and equip.
  3. Albemarle Lawn

Albemarle Lawn LawnSite Bronze Member

Why not go straight for the ----tech: Pontiac Aztec, world's ugliest car ever made!

I'd like to see that trans-sport start my equipment trailer on an uphill stoplight with my Caterpillar 247 multi-terrain loader on the trailer!!!:alien:
  4. work_it

work_it LawnSite Senior Member

Well, ya gotta use whatever you can afford. I started back in this business this year with a very limited budget. I was fortunate enough to find an old '81 Chevy p/u with a 350 short block. Runs great, but looks like sh*^! I always tell people that we loaded paint ball guns with body putty and plugged the rust holes from 50 yards away. One of my customers made a good point when he said, "It makes me feel better knowing you're not over paid and driving a $35000+ truck".
  5. Kingbman1

Kingbman1 LawnSite Member

I only pull a 32 inch toro proline with 2 21inchers so its got plenty of power. We used to pull our bass boat that was 2100 pounds so its got plenty of pwer for what im using it for.
  6. tiedeman

tiedeman LawnSite Fanatic
    from earth

image is a very important thing for us (uniforms, vechiles, etc), but if you can only afford what is in your budget then you shouldn't be embarassed about it. I look at it this way, if it supports your family and pays the bills then it will do fine.

I still remember this from what my mother said like about 10 years ago, "I would rather pay someone that drives a rusted out vehicle and does a quality job cutting the lawn, than pay someone that has a brand new truck that does a poor quality job."
  7. Pecker

Pecker LawnSite Bronze Member

true. . .true.
  8. Rustic Goat

Rustic Goat LawnSite Bronze Member

I agree, with with late 70's early 80's(not positive of year) Cadillac being its ugly cousin, the model with the chopped off trunk.:p

C'mon guys, kingman1 isn't wanting to get into a mine can pull more than yours whizzing contest. Just an example of using what you have, and/or what makes sense for your situation at the time. As we've seen in earlier posts, many have used vehicles we'd rather not admit to now.
    I've been wondering how long before someone drives a Hummer down the street towing a lawn care trailer.
  9. Rhett

Rhett LawnSite Bronze Member

Up till lat week I pulled my equipment with a Nissan 4 cylinder pickup. Easy on gas and very manuverable. Daughter now driving it and am using a full size Chevy Diesel. Kinda of miss the little truck.
  10. Black Water

Black Water LawnSite Senior Member

Back when i was in High School ( 11 years ago. Man I'm getting old.) i mowed a few lawns where i grew up in southern W.V.

I crammed a old Dana mark in the back of a little rusted out two wheel drive Chevy Luv. The tail pipe would drag the ground every time i would hit a half-way decent bump in the road. It was a chick magnet though. Two tone, The cab was orange and the bed was baby blue. Yes sir, i was getting more azz than a toilet seat,......NOT!!!:rolleyes:

However, those golden days are long gone. Now i have a black F-250 with a matching black 16' enclosed tralier.

Ya, go with the whole Black Water thing.:D