trailer question

Discussion in 'Trucks and Trailers' started by Drew Gemma, Jun 22, 2005.

1. Drew Gemma

Drew Gemma LawnSite Bronze Member

What size trailers are you guys pulling everyday to mow? I want to go to a 6.5 x 18 but that just seems to big but I could put every mower on it. with the 6x 16 I can only get a 52 wb 52 ztr with bagger 21inch push. plus all the junk. I want to get the gateway on there also.

2. lqmustang

lqmustang LawnSite Senior Member

I'm using a 6.5x16. Fit my 48wb, 52ztr, 21, and other misc small stuff. With some modification of the setup, I think I could make more room, but never enough for another larger piece as long as the rear bags are mounted on the ztr. Without the bags I bet I could make room on there for something else.

3. Green-Pro

Green-Pro LawnSite Bronze Member

Drew,

I pull an 18' x 7' trailer every day. Nice thing is I can get the Turf Tiger and the Tiger Cub on plus a hand tiller, wheel barrow and a multitude of other tools. I also use this to trailer my Nor Trac tractor ( fits mower and tractor nicely ) I went this size because I also wanted to buy a dump trailer, and wanted to ensure the landscape trailer would fit my needs as best as possible. My advice is its kind of like putting up a new shop, make it bigger than your first thoughts you will be happier.

-Geoff

4. Drew Gemma

Drew Gemma LawnSite Bronze Member

yeah that is my problem the bagger on the z kills me for space.

5. grassmanvt

grassmanvt LawnSite Senior Member

I run a 20' open. Enough room for two Z's, a couple 21's (usually only one), a toolbox on the front, and probably enough room to accomodate a rear bagger if I ever smarten up, loose the basket and get a real system.

6. northwest lawn

northwest lawn LawnSite Member

i have a 6'x16' i haul every day with a 61" sentar, 60" exmark lazer z, a 48" wb and a 21" push mower with a lil room to spare

7. lawnprosteveo

lawnprosteveo LawnSite Bronze Member
    from Tulsa

6.5x14 with 3' sides 4' ramp and extra ramp on the side. usually tote a toro 36 wb, toro 21 pro, toro 52 ztr.

8. South Florida Lawns

South Florida Lawns LawnSite Platinum Member
    from usa

Its got a 5 ft dovetail with tandem axles and dual wheels. It will carry up to 23,000 lbs. I need it to carry heavy equipment, landscaping materials, pallets of mulch and the Jeeps when we go wheeling on the weekends. Its an Anderson trailer BTW.

9. R & R Yard Designs

R & R Yard Designs LawnSite Senior Member

i use a 22 x 8.5 enclosed and it fits all the stuff with room to spare in the front for a workbench or to rest

10. Mike's Yard Services

Mike's Yard Services LawnSite Member

I would give serious consideration to the TOWING capacity of the vehicle..............16.....18 ......20+ ft................HOLY CRAP, don't even consider 35 ft..................................I think you are pushing your luck, and may very well end up pushing your truck........

P.S. I am currently pulling open 5x10 TopHat, 4 ft ramp..........carries my LB 21 and my Encore Z48...with room for a few cans of "stuff"................S-10 is in semi retirement.........the Ram is now my hauler........