Trailer question??

Discussion in 'Starting a Lawn Care Business' started by 4curbappeal, Jan 20, 2006.

1. 4curbappeal

4curbappeal LawnSite Senior Member

I am a part-timer (10-12 lawns a wk) using a 36"WB and a 21" push. I dont plan on adding any more equipment in the next couple of years. Will a 5'x8' trailer with trimmer racks be sufficiant? Thank you for the help!

2. 4x4Jim

4x4Jim LawnSite Member

I would always go alittle bigger then you think you might need. I started with a 6x10, that lasted about a year. I now have a 16' and wouldn't go back. Now I'm not sayin to go out and buy a 16' tailer, but maybe a 10-12'.

3. 4curbappeal

Thank you! I'm getting a great buy, but 5x8 is a little small.

4. mcwlandscaping

mcwlandscaping LawnSite Gold Member

Ya, go bigger, i have a 5*8 and soon getting my 16*6, i outgrew the 5*8 in a little over a year!! Its for sale now!

5. Bulldog26

Bulldog26 LawnSite Member

IMO, way to small. You will out grow it much faster than you think. I think it depends second on what you hauling it with. Truck, SUV or Van, it any size truck I wouldn't go any smaller than a 12'. You will find somthing to fill it no matter how big you buy. My two cents. Good luck.
    bt

6. mrbray101

mrbray101 LawnSite Senior Member

I agree, id get at least a 10 or 12, i bought a 5x8 because it was a great deal and i dont reallt have much storage space at the house im at now but i know when i do mulching or any type of cleanup or leaf removal job i really wish i had a bigger trailer.

7. hole in one lco

hole in one lco LawnSite Bronze Member

i run a 5-8 for my residential youll be surprised what you can jam in it

8. cwlawley

cwlawley LawnSite Senior Member

You're fine with a 5x8.

9. 4curbappeal

Thank you!

10. Bulldog26

Bulldog26 LawnSite Member

I think with-in the year you will wish you had atleast a 12'. Good luck.