Trailer Question

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by turfguy, Mar 10, 2002.

1. turfguy

turfguy LawnSite Member

After spending several weeks looking for a new trailer and all of the used ones advertised locally in CT, it seems like everybody wants just as much money as they paid for their used equipment, or nearly as much, as they cost new. Example: a new 18 foot trailer with ramps, lights, the whole gig at the dealer is about $2,600 and most people that I have spoken to regarding used equipment want $2,000 or more. Where can I go online and buy a new trailer at a reasonable price? I would really like to look at the trailer before I buy it so it should be within 250 miles (or so). Any help would be appreciated. Mark
  2. f350

f350 Banned
    from mi

18' open? i paid 5300 for my 18' enclosed pace with the summit package
  3. plow kid

plow kid Banned

I get 16'/18' landscapers for around a grand here in Ohio.~NaTe
  4. gene gls

gene gls LawnSite Gold Member

There is a garage in Farmington,CT. ( RT 4 west I think )that sells Anderson trailers, all shapes and sizeses. He has the best price that I have found. He is located about a mile from Collinsville Power Equ. if you know of them. My buddy just bought one. I can get thier number if you want.

5. James234

James234 LawnSite Member
    from Texas

I'll share a little secret with you turfguy...lawn and garden used equipment is generally way over priced! Offer $900 and he may bite. If not, there's plenty more fish in the barrel from which to choose.
  6. stslawncare

stslawncare LawnSite Bronze Member
    from DE

16' go for around a grand here, usually a tad bit more, 18' ur looking at 1500 to 1800
  7. mdb landscaping

mdb landscaping LawnSite Silver Member

Hey, small world. I bought my 8 by 14 enclosed trailer from that guy too gene gls. Its called Troys Trailer Service on rte 44. He carries some great brands of trailers and is a good guy. You should go check his place out. Off the top of my head he carries, foster, udump, cargo pro and a few others. i was there the other day and i remember seeing a few 18 footers around. he can order you anything you want though.

PRECISION LC LawnSite Member

just bought a new 18' x 8' with ramps, lights, breaks, new tires, 4' expanded metal walls, 2'x2' box across the front and doors on either side inteh front for access, and trimmer racks for $2200. so that sounds high.