1. Missed the live Ask the Expert event?
    Not to worry. Check out the archived thread of the Q&A with Ken Hutcheson, President of U.S. Lawns, and the LawnSite community in the Franchising forum .

Dismiss Notice

Trailer rack for Stihl BR600?

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by Jason Rose, Sep 19, 2007.

1. Jason Rose

Jason Rose LawnSite Fanatic

Open trailer... Just wondering which racks actually FIT the newer stihl BP blowers. I know that Trimmer Trap has one out that's made specifically for them, but also wanted to know if there was other's out there that worked?
  2. Triple L

Triple L LawnSite Senior Member

Jungle jims... they actually got an adapter plate you have to install, which I never did...
  3. http://www.trailerracks.com/BA031.html

This will fit the Stihl BR600 (A small modification is required on your blower). If you use coupon code: lawnsite1 you will get 10% off your order.
  4. carcrz

carcrz LawnSite Silver Member

What's the small modification?
  5. In between the backpack and the blower housing on the blower there is a plastic mesh screen. All you have to do is take a pair of scissors and snip the mesh for our securing bar to go through the blower. This method is more secure then other blower racks out on the market because your blower is not hanging from the handle (making it easy to steal and more prone to damage).

Using this same method will also allow you to use the same rack for Echo and Redmax brand blowers, and also with any other brand on the market.
  6. Jason Rose

Jason Rose LawnSite Fanatic

Thanks! Not to compare and contrast models, but the same "tip" about cutting some screen was on the Green Touch rack site, though it didn't say what models would fit in it...

My question... If there's a screen there, is it really smart to go cutting it just to get it into a rack? Dosn't it have a purpose, like to keep debris out of the fan?

EDIT: Just looked, SAME RACK, lol. I just assumed it was a different maker, but it appears to be the Green Touch racks.