1. Missed the live Ask the Expert event?
    Not to worry. Check out the archived thread of the Q&A with Ken Hutcheson, President of U.S. Lawns, and the LawnSite community in the Franchising forum .

Dismiss Notice

Trailer rack question

Discussion in 'Trucks and Trailers' started by J&R Landscaping, Sep 30, 2006.

1. J&R Landscaping

J&R Landscaping LawnSite Fanatic

I'm going to be getting a new trialer in a few weeks to beat next years price increase. I was just curious as you everyones opinions on trimmer, blower, and tool racks for open trailers. I'm definitly sold on a 3 place trimmer rack but I'm also thinking about a blower rack and a tool rack. Are they worth it or should I just put the blower in the back of the truck bed?

Past few outings, with having to bag clippings and leaves, the bed of the truck has been getting full pretty quick so thats why I am thinking about theese racks, I think they will help me maximize truck bed space.

Any opinions or input would be greatly appreiciated! BTW, I'm getting either a 6x12 or a 6x14 single axle.
  2. grass_cuttin_fool

grass_cuttin_fool LawnSite Gold Member

I think the blower rack is needed, and I have a piece of pvc pipe that I use for the hand tool rack. I got it from a job site that they had discarded it so it was free.8 or 10 inch, I cant remember.

MOW PRO LAWN SERVICE LawnSite Bronze Member

Get the three tear or four tear rack, always having a trimmer ready or edger in this biz it's grab it and go get the back pack blower rack to, can't say about the tool rack never had one i have got shovels racks and hand tools on the walls of our enclosed trailers.
  4. Total.Lawn.Care

Total.Lawn.Care LawnSite Senior Member

Get the racks. I agree with other posts that teh time savings by having them readily available without digging through the bed makes them worth every dollar. I made my own racks, but they are also in an enclosed trailer, so I did not have to worry about security features.
  5. J&R Landscaping

J&R Landscaping LawnSite Fanatic

Thanks for the input! Anyone else care to give their opinions???