1. Missed the live Ask the Expert event?
    Not to worry. Check out the archived thread of the Q&A with Ken Hutcheson, President of U.S. Lawns, and the LawnSite community in the Franchising forum .

Dismiss Notice

Trailer Racks

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by BryanB, Apr 18, 2001.

1. BryanB

BryanB LawnSite Member

what kind of trailer racks do you guys use. What are the advantages and disadvatages. It just seems like there are a bunch out there that are justa little different.
  2. bob

bob LawnSite Platinum Member
    from DE

3. eslawns

eslawns LawnSite Senior Member

I have a rack for the trimmers, BP blower and sprayer, and water cooler from Trimmer Trap. I also have a trimmer rack for my 48 WB, and a boot for my 21 or spreader by Jungle Jim's. This summer at the Expo I'll be looking for something to hold hedge trimmers, gas cans, and a HH blower.

BTW, all the ones I have have been awesome.
  4. jrebeiro

jrebeiro LawnSite Member

All my racks are Green-Touch and my bins are by Akro-Mills.

You can see pics below.
  5. Kends

Kends LawnSite Member

I have an enclosed trailer. I bought the Trimmer trap that holds 3. They aren't really made for enclosed trailers. You need the hieght to get them out. But, with a little motification (saws all) it works fine now.

6. cp

cp LawnSite Senior Member

I use the Husqvarna "Grid Iron" system.

This system mounts on an open trailer or enclosed.

I like the locking system.. And the various mounting systems for trimmers, chainsaws, etc.

Good Luck...
  7. 65hoss

65hoss LawnSite Fanatic

I have trimmertraps
  8. mdb landscaping

mdb landscaping LawnSite Silver Member

OBRYANMAINT LawnSite Senior Member

green touch here........super heavy duty
  10. corycc

corycc LawnSite Member

I designed my own. For the trimmer rack part of it, I mimicked the trimmer trap. Mine can hold gas cans, all hand held tools, 21" mowers, 2 BP blowers, wb bagger and 3 trimmers/stick edgers. It is great. It took some time and know-how plus a welder and about $300, but it was well worth it.