Trailer racks

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by Lawnboy48195, Jan 8, 2008.

1. Lawnboy48195

Lawnboy48195 LawnSite Member

I am thinking of upgrading from my 4x8 trailer to a 6x10 and was wondering what website carries the trailer racks for gas cans, blowers, trimmers and stick edgers? I've been to Jungle Jims and they have some nice stuff, any other recommendations?

Thanks guys!

2. SchultzLawnCare

SchultzLawnCare LawnSite Senior Member

If your going to get bigger eventually or if your going to buy some ZTRs i would get a longer one so you can fit more than one on the trailer. and i dont know anything else about the racks.

3. TNT Lawncare

TNT Lawncare LawnSite Senior Member

I agree, get at least a 14ft trailer. Then you can fit 2 ZTR's on it.

4. Southern Signature

Southern Signature LawnSite Member

trimmertrap.com check it out...

5. Lawnboy48195

Lawnboy48195 LawnSite Member

I only do this as a side job, I work 40 hours in a chemical plant and make good money, my wife is a school teacher (summers off!!!), and we cut around 20 residential lawns a week just to make some extra money so I don't want to get anything bigger than a 6x10 trailer. I only carry a 36" Toro walkbehind and a 21" Toro Personal pace, with a stick edger, trimmer and 2 blowers.

6. sikagrass

sikagrass LawnSite Member

You can also find them on Ebay usually. I got some trimmer racks from a guy but have had to reweld some on them.Not sure how much the trimmertrap people charge but heard good reviews.

7. swingset

swingset LawnSite Member

Check ebay and craislist.org

I nabbed two Iron Horse trimmer racks that retail for $250+ for under $100 from some guy going through a divorce.

8. grass_cuttin_fool

grass_cuttin_fool LawnSite Gold Member

9. macaw

macaw LawnSite Senior Member

10. B&B LAWN

B&B LAWN LawnSite Senior Member

go with greentouch, very durable and not too expensive