trailer ramp

Discussion in 'Trucks and Trailers' started by turftracerhp, Mar 20, 2010.

1. turftracerhp

turftracerhp LawnSite Member
    from mo

does anyone have trouble with the bolts on their blades hitting the trailer when loading up?i had to do a little work to the back of my trailer but it is really a pita.

2. M & MD Lawn

M & MD Lawn LawnSite Senior Member

all the freakin time!! and thats with the deck all the way up, I've gotten so used to it now, but it really is a pita

3. yardguy28

yardguy28 LawnSite Platinum Member

only if the trailer isn't sitting completely level. the sharper the angle of the ramp the better chance of blade bolts hitting the ramp.

4. turftracerhp

turftracerhp LawnSite Member
    from mo

I built the back of my trailer up with some 2x6 and it helped a lot but every time i buy a trailer i have to do this.was just wondering what anyone else does.

5. yardguy28

yardguy28 LawnSite Platinum Member

i've never had that trouble. i have the proper drop on the hitch and ball so my trailer sits completely level when hooked up.

6. Glenn Lawn Care

Glenn Lawn Care LawnSite Silver Member

that problem goes away when you lift up the front on the mower when going from the ramp to the trailer deck and vise versa when unloading!:hammerhead:

7. Darryl G

Darryl G LawnSite Fanatic

I have a little trouble with the hitch of my Lazer hitting the gate when I back on. What helps is if I come on the ramp a bit sideways so that the tire has to climb up over the edge of ramp a little ways up it..gives me just enough additional clearance.