1. Missed the live Ask the Expert event?
    Not to worry. Check out the archived thread of the Q&A with Ken Hutcheson, President of U.S. Lawns, and the LawnSite community in the Franchising forum .

Dismiss Notice

Trailer Setup For 08

Discussion in 'Original Pictures Forum' started by jaybow, Jan 28, 2008.

1. jaybow

jaybow LawnSite Bronze Member
    from Mi

Well I have been trying to get things setup and organised for the 08 season. One thing that really bugged me last year was when i would back the trailer into the garage I would always have to remove the shovels rake and broom from the tool rack I made for them because they were to tall to make it into the garage without hitting the overhang. Needless to say I had a couple of accidents by forgetting to do this. So now I drilled some holes so they can drop down and be caught by a little pocket I made out of angle iron. I work another job so every little bit of saved energy helps.I was wanting to add a front basket also and get rid of the plastic tool box on the floor so I could have more floor space but im not sure it would be more convenient accessing the blowers.Gemplers sells a front basket setup but its expensive I think over $600 for basket and lid assembly.

2. Mimowerman

Mimowerman LawnSite Senior Member

looks great man, something that I think would make the mowers or at least the toro look a whole lot better is buy a $5 can of black high heat spray paint and paint the muffler! just something I did with my mowers , makes them look a lot better , but other than that you look ready to go ! I wish I could bring my trailer out of storage , its just too cold I don't feel like it right now ! Bust of Luck in 2008!
  3. jaybow

from Mi

Yeah i was thinking about doing that before spring. It was like that when I got it used this past summer.I was thinking about getting some plastic paint and painting the gas tank on the toro to.It would cover where it says toro but I dont like the faded look of it.Also wanted to repaint the handlebars.
  4. jaybow

from Mi

I noticed you have 80 residential accounts.What is the average price you get on your residentials in Novi. Where im at $25 is average but you still get people who only want to pay $20.
  5. RedMax Man

RedMax Man LawnSite Platinum Member

Yikes! The cheapes lawn i had last season was $25. Just shows the prices ranges across the country.

Your trailer / equipment looks good and nice idea making that hand tool rack system.
  6. Mowerboy04

Mowerboy04 LawnSite Bronze Member

nice set up, i use to have a toro mower just like that except it was a 44in, there a good machine. anyway looks good, also what city are u working out of?
  7. Mimowerman

Average, well, I'm really not sure ! I have built the business from the ground up and over the years have gotten wiser and wiser in the pricing aspect. The old price for most of the lawns was $15 say eight years ago, as I was not licensed insured and didn't even own a Truck ( Used a mini van) . Nowadays , I price competitively , not lower than 20 dollars , yes I said 20 , Some may bitc* about this number but as I see it that isn't that low for these accounts (30+accounts per neighborhood, 30 seconds drive time in betweenclusters of three or more ) . My normal account is between 20 and 25 dollars with many in a 23 -25 doller range. Some estate sized properties(in northville township) in the hundred dollar range (3+ Acres ) . I find that these prices are fairly typical in this area , and now when placing bids on most of the residential lawns , I will typically go for twenty five bucks as it isn't worth my time to stop for any less . So the twenty dollar accounts have been on board for many years, and yes I have raised their prices up from the 15-17 dollar range as the costs of business have risen . hope this helps, feel free to pick my brain any more , I'd like to help in any way possible ! :drinkup:
  8. deere615

deere615 LawnSite Fanatic

Nice setup, how do you like your quick?
  9. Mimowerman

sorry about the double post , but while it was fresh on my mind I also wanted to ask if you have ever considered a sulky for the toro , or maby the quick 36
    ( no experience with this mower)? I've got the toro 44" t bar with a 15 horse engine , and a sulky , it works great in top gear , as I at least can't walk comfortably behind it at this speed . Just another friendly suggestion. take care -Chris
  10. rfed32

rfed32 LawnSite Senior Member
    from Hatboro

i like it what is that a 7x12...also is the quick36 locked up to the floor i cant really tell if so howd whatd u do there jst tryin to get some good ideas...right now im in college and the place i like has no shed gerage and im lookin for some ideas for this summer