1. Missed the live Ask the Expert event?
    Not to worry. Check out the archived thread of the Q&A with Ken Hutcheson, President of U.S. Lawns, and the LawnSite community in the Franchising forum .

Dismiss Notice

trailer setup????

Discussion in 'Pesticide & Herbicide Application' started by msuturfgrad, Feb 5, 2006.

1. msuturfgrad

msuturfgrad LawnSite Member

I am converting my 200 gal skid sprayer,(2)backpack sprayers, and rotary spreader to a 5'x10' tandem axle trailer and was wondering if any of you had any ideas about how to mount the backpacks and rotary spreader on it. I was wondering if yall made your own brackets for the backpacks or do yall just set them on the trailer and tie them down? Also what do yall do with your rotary walk behind spreader? I'm trying to figure out the best way to transport it without throwing it in the back of my truck? Thanks for the input.
  2. J Hisch

J Hisch LawnSite Senior Member

I use a truck bed bar in the back near the tailgate of the truck to hold backpacks, and 2.5 gal of herbicides. Milk crates work well to hold the contrainers also. A expandable truck bed bar runs about 30.00 bucks and hold everything in place.
  3. Gatewayuser

Gatewayuser LawnSite Bronze Member

I use the spreader caddy from lesco for my spreader and it works great because it holds it secure and you don't have to lift so high to put in the truck bed.
  4. ThreeWide

ThreeWide LawnSite Bronze Member

Maybe this will give you an idea or two. This was a cheap homemade option. It bolts into frame of the skid sprayer.

5. msuturfgrad

msuturfgrad LawnSite Member

That is a good idea. How do you have your spreader hanging on your truck.
  6. ThreeWide

ThreeWide LawnSite Bronze Member

Yet another homemade thing. However you can get the Lesco spreader carrier which is what I copied to some degree.

7. MStine315

MStine315 LawnSite Senior Member

Westheffer has a spreader bracket that bolts to a truck bed (or trailer bed in your case) The cost escapes me right now, but it might be worth looking into.