Trailer Setups

Discussion in 'Irrigation' started by cgbaseball23, Feb 10, 2009.

1. cgbaseball23

cgbaseball23 LawnSite Member

Hey guys, I'm thinking about rearranging the inside of our trailer this spring and try to make it as organized and efficient as I possibly can. Maybe adding cabinets or built-in-shelving and a workbench. Right now it is just a complete mess with hardly any organization and crap thrown all over the place. I'd post a picture of it but I don't have one unfortunately.

But I was hoping to get some ideas from some of your setups if you have some pictures that would be great. Not really looking for a service setup (but if you want you can throw that up too i suppose). Thanks for the help!

Lets see those trailers!

2. Tony Clifton

Tony Clifton LawnSite Senior Member

I took the less expensive route and screwed some of the rubbermade drawer systems to the walls...had to put a bit of support beneath them and used some L brackets for that. Each drawer will hold about a box of 1" fittings (sometimes more depending on fitting). Very simple, not expensive, and most importantly not heavy. Also, I mounted them as close to the ceiling as possible, this leaves about 4' beneath so you don't lose any floor space. I also have a buttload of small bins for nozzles, small fittings etc....I have found that in a real world setting with a construction crew that they don't stay organized long...

3. BrandonV

BrandonV LawnSite Platinum Member

I'll try to take a picture tomorrow, I'm about sick of trailers... I want a SPRINTER!!! But wanting and getting are two different things.

4. cgbaseball23

cgbaseball23 LawnSite Member

Nobody has any pictures? I figured this thread would be a little more popular than this.

5. EagleLandscape

EagleLandscape LawnSite Platinum Member
    Male, from Garland, Texas

Look at Pro Turf in the pictures section of this website. he has a nice setup.

6. Mike Leary

Mike Leary LawnSite Fanatic

Trailers are a pain unless you do large-scale commercial work, we like this set-up; one truck does the work, the other collects the cash.

DSCN1349.jpg

7. bcg

bcg LawnSite Bronze Member
    from Tx

We use an E250 with all the shelves and stuff and an F250 with tool boxes on 3 sides. The van is the preferred vehicle but the truck works fine as well.

I agree with Mr. Leary, trailers are a pain, and they really aren't necessary unless you need to haul around a trencher or something equally heavy/large. For repair work, I can't think of any reason to haul one around.

8. Kiril

Kiril LawnSite Fanatic

Here's a pic of my trailer.

[​IMG]

9. bobw

bobw LawnSite Senior Member

Sorry, couldn't find any pics of the current trailer. It is the 3rd one I've built out in the last 5 years, so I've pretty much got it perfect this time around.

Picture 8 /12 x 16 with 12x12x6 bins across the front and one side. Flat shelves in the corner between the bins for items I buy by the case (heads, valves). Etrack on the floor to strap machinery down.

Right side in front of side door is home made shovel stand (plastic rubber maid types get too hot and collaps). right side has some high bins for micro stuff and is mainly used to stack poly. Bottom left side has crib area for PVC/Copper lengths.

10. BrandonV

BrandonV LawnSite Platinum Member

mike drives an f150 Leariet