1. Missed the live Ask the Expert event?
    Not to worry. Check out the archived thread of the Q&A with Ken Hutcheson, President of U.S. Lawns, and the LawnSite community in the Franchising forum .

Dismiss Notice

trailer sign

Discussion in 'General Industry Discussions' started by JKOOPERS, Feb 25, 2007.

JKOOPERS LawnSite Bronze Member

does anyone know a company that can make sign for my trailer out of the stuff they make yard signs out of.
  2. DaughtryLC

DaughtryLC LawnSite Senior Member

I have a local sign shop in town. Try the yellow pages for sign design
  3. mosmgras

mosmgras LawnSite Senior Member
    from NC

Yea, go local. This way you can sit down with someone and decide exactly what you want. Also, if there is a problem, you have someone to go to instead of sending emails back and forth.
  4. ffemt1271

ffemt1271 LawnSite Bronze Member

i decided to put magnetic signs on my truck. i used to have them on the trailer, but they have to be on the truck for tax purposes here
  5. DiyDave

DiyDave LawnSite Bronze Member

Try yellow pages, look under signs by tomorrow. This co is franchised nationally, and makes computer cut vinyl letters, as well as magnetic signs, and generally can cad design any kind of sign you can imagine.
  6. bedbug

bedbug LawnSite Member
    from Kansas

i looked locally and found ,the difference in pricing was amazing.800.00 to 350.00 were bids i received. these bids were oranges to oranges! So Shop around it will be worth your time.Note if your letters on your sign are vinyl they make 2, 6 ,and 10 year warranty,be sure to ask. another help is to make a good drawing of what you want.

JKOOPERS LawnSite Bronze Member

well just got off the phone with a sign co and they said it would cost $98 for a 2'x4' .040 aluminum sign with 5 year vinyl and $131 for .080 aluminum. then he asked about yard signs he gave me quote of $4.15 for each sign w/o stakes. does this seem like a good deal or what?
  8. DiyDave

DiyDave LawnSite Bronze Member

The important thing to do is to shop around locally. I could tell you that it is a good deal here, but in your area, I don't know. I guess it boils down to how much of your time you want to spend for the return you expect.:waving: :waving:
  9. GreenN'Clean

GreenN'Clean LawnSite Bronze Member

I had mine done locally
  10. GLLawns

GLLawns LawnSite Member

If you go local, go directly to the sign shop and look at the materials in person, you really should see what you are getting. Remember you usually get what you pay for, so cheaper isn't always the way to go.