Trailer Signs

Discussion in 'Industry Surveys & Polls' started by jequigle, Feb 13, 2013.

?

Where do you put your signs?

1. Both sides of the trailer

1 vote(s)
    4.2%
  2. Just on the gate

10 vote(s)
    41.7%
  3. Both sides and the gate

9 vote(s)
    37.5%
  4. Other

4 vote(s)
    16.7%
  1. jequigle

jequigle LawnSite Member

I just ordered a new trailer and will be getting some new signs for it. I am wondering where you all put your signs. One on each side, one on the gate or both one the side and the gate.

2. Patriot Services

Patriot Services LawnSite Fanatic

Tailgate and the truck. Both are black with red, white blue graphics. Not total wraps but big enough to get noticed. My enclosed has full side graphics and a lot of info on back ramp. Sides of open trailers usually only have small areas where a sign could be mounted.
    Posted via Mobile Device

3. KeystoneLawn&Landscaping

KeystoneLawn&Landscaping LawnSite Senior Member

My enclosed is lettered on all 4 sides.

4. vanncann

vanncann LawnSite Senior Member

The rear is a must, but I do all the left and right also...

5. weeze

weeze LawnSite Fanatic

i don't do any signage. i had signs on my truck once and i never received one call or customer from having them so i just took them off. no need to have signs on my personal truck anyways. it may work for some but where i live it just doesn't work. i even put up signs at intersections and they are still there and i've never received one call from someone because of those signs. they just don't work where i live. there's so many guys riding around with trucks and trailers with signs it's rediculous. it doesn't set you apart by any means. people here just hire based on word of mouth for the most part.

6. vanncann

vanncann LawnSite Senior Member

Where are u @ Jason???

7. weeze

weeze LawnSite Fanatic

boaz, albertville, guntersville area

8. Lawn132012

Lawn132012 LawnSite Member
    from NJ

I think the signs are a type of thing that grow on people. It is just like marketing. When I used to use email blasts for another job I was told that the bulk of your sales would be on the 6-8 email. Less then 1% respond to an email blast the first two times they read them.

I imagine the numbers are close to the same with signage. The more someone sees your trucks around town the more your reputation can be built that you are working and not going anywhere for awhile. I agree with "Jasonlawncare" that you may not get a phone call just because you have a sign but for the cost and effort it can not hurt.
    In my area it is a must as i do get people that walk up to me while working to see if i can give them quotes to either cutting or treating their lawns. To my defense we have a lot of outsiders and a lot of people from NY / PA that have summer places and are always looking fro someone to do the job right and on time. So a little different from the year round community.