Trailer size

Discussion in 'Trucks and Trailers' started by LawnSolution, Mar 6, 2013.

1. 205mx

205mx LawnSite Silver Member

I have a 6x10 with gate for sale! Whoo!best of both worlds 5x10 vs 6x12. 6x10! Text me 205-617-2145 for some pictures.

Last edited: Mar 7, 2013
  2. lalllc

lalllc LawnSite Member

I started with a 8X12. I out grew it fast. I could put 2 older lazer z on it. new ones wont fit. I bent the axel hauling dirt. Do what fits you, buy good tires and dont over load it. you will be fine. I always buy high side steal with tube top. L tops twist too much. the higher sides that are solid hide a lot. I think I have a pic of my 14' on my page.

3. BenThere Lawncare

BenThere Lawncare LawnSite Member

Are those two foot sides you have on that 14 footer?

4. lalllc

lalllc LawnSite Member

I think they are 3' sides.

5. BenThere Lawncare

BenThere Lawncare LawnSite Member

I just ordered an almost identical trailer to that. Mind me asking how much that cost you?

6. LawnSolution

LawnSolution LawnSite Member

I think I will end up going with a 6x12. I was worried about the weight. I have a 04 wrangler unlimited (the extended one) with a towing capacity of 3500. I also have a 07 4runner that is my wife's but it has a capacity of 5000. All of my lawns and mulch supply are within 5 miles. I will just have to check to make sure I can back it into my garage.

the 6x12 weighs 980 and the 5x10 weighs 780.

7. Greg78

Greg78 LawnSite Silver Member

I think you're making a good choice for what you will be doing, being part-time and solo.

8. Greg78

Since switching from bias-ply to radials our tire wear has decreased dramatically.

9. Patriot Services

Patriot Services LawnSite Fanatic

Hell yes. Bias ply always were junk, especially for highway use. They flat spot easy and ride like crap. You will get at least 3X the wear life. Just don't oveload and keep and eye on pressure. Regular rotation helps greatly too. X pattern for tandems, contrary to vehicle pattern.
    Posted via Mobile Device

10. Greg78

Rotation is something I never even thought about. Will have to start doing that.