trailer storage and racks..................

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by precisioncut, Dec 8, 2003.

1. precisioncut

precisioncut LawnSite Senior Member

How many of you bought your trailer with all the goodies? How many of you bought a simple utility trailer and built everything you needed on it?
    I bought a new 5'x10' BigTex utility trailer and build partial sides and recently completed a shelf box in front to hold gas cans etc.
    I built mine out of wood and primed and painted black to match the trailer. The wood should be fine because I can put it in the garage during the 5 times it rains around here each year.

P.S. If any one can help explain how to post pics I will show you all.

2. greasy_gun

greasy_gun LawnSite Senior Member

would like to the pics,just recently purchased a bigtex myself:)

3. rookiemower

rookiemower LawnSite Senior Member

i built all my own stuff its easy IF you got the right tools welder, torches, cut off saw, access to steel, etc. otherwise i think it could be hard for some, check out the racks i built just posted last week or two weeks ago search my name (rookiemower) you will find them

4. BBS

BBS LawnSite Member

go to "post reply" ...scroll down and you see "Submit reply","Preview reply" and "Spell Check"...Look directly above those where it says "browse"..click that,find the file on your PC,double click it,post your reply and the file will show up as a clickable URL in your post

5. precisioncut

rookiemower-trailer looks nice, I still need to build trimmer racks(I might buy some) and a Ladder holder.

BBS-thanks-I will go out and take a few later and post them for all to see.

6. MudslinginFX4

MudslinginFX4 LawnSite Bronze Member

I buy all my open 6.5x16 utility trailers for around $950 without the racks. I then buy all the racks I want (usually about $700 worth) and then put them on. This makes the trailer cost me around $1650, still cheaper then if I were to buy it with a couple of racks already!

7. precisioncut

partial trailer sides

trailer1_0001.jpg

8. precisioncut

completed shelf rack today-needs paint

trailer2_0002.jpg

9. FTPPTF

FTPPTF LawnSite Member

Racks look good. I would have personally welded them up out of metal. They blend in with the trailer and I feel hold up better but if it works for you and your area who's to say its wrong. Again good work.

10. precisioncut

another pic-What do ya think? Is this ok for a newbie? Give me some feedback.

trailer3_0003.jpg