Trailer Storage Question

Discussion in 'Trucks and Trailers' started by Supper Grassy, Mar 15, 2011.

1. Supper Grassy

Supper Grassy LawnSite Bronze Member

Ok. Cops came and told me i have to put my trailer behind the front door or keep it hooked to the truck. I go to school so towing a trailer 24/7 isn't possible. both sides of my house are hills. I am thinking of putting it next to the garage but that pitches away from the house and is probably a 2' drop width wise and a 3' drop from the highest point to the lowest point. I had the trailer stored there for a short time last year and the wheels sunk in since it is all grass and the only way to get the trailer there is to back it across the grass
    which of these would the the best option
    Place concrete pavers under the tires
    use landscaping ties or something else to build a wall so that i can backfill the area with dirt or rock (which would be better) so that the whole area level and then put the trailer on that

2. lawnangel1

lawnangel1 LawnSite Senior Member
    from KY

What about a self storage place?

3. Supper Grassy

I dont have any local that have storage for trailers

4. lawnangel1

lawnangel1 LawnSite Senior Member
    from KY

Someone obviously doesn't want your equipment in the neighborhood. One of your neighbors probably called the cops to complain. I would find a different space other than your house to store your stuff or they will keep giving you headaches.

5. Supper Grassy

I think I know who called. I know for sure that they did not call on me they called on new neighbors who were parking an enclosed on the street not attached to anything the cop stopped over and said he cant just tell them so he has to tell us too. It was not a problem for the 2-3 years i had it in the driveway before the new people moved in and it turned into parking wars

6. ecurbthims

ecurbthims LawnSite Senior Member

Out of your two choices,back fill the area as that will make using your trailer easier in the future ,and an extra parking space usually is a good thing .

7. Supper Grassy

What would you backfill it with? and what would you build the "Walls" with

8. olde_blue

olde_blue LawnSite Senior Member

Most cities that prohibit the parking of trailers in front of the house face also prohibit parking of them on grass or even gravel, so you might want to check with city hall. You could also buy a cheap truck to keep the trailer hooked up to out front. :laugh:

9. Supper Grassy

My town doesn't care where it is as long as it's behind the front plane. The cop suggested the side
    Posted via Mobile Device

10. Clark Griswold

Clark Griswold LawnSite Senior Member

Hire someone that knows what their doing or at least some common sense!