Trailer tie downs

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by PLS, Feb 28, 2000.

1. PLS

PLS LawnSite Member

Has anyone used or had any experiance with the Kreeper Keepers made by Trimmer Trap? If so, Tell me what ya think about em.

2. PLS

PLS LawnSite Member

Just waking this up in hopes someone has tried them and will answer.

3. Guido

Guido LawnSite Silver Member

I'll try to help, but I don't know if we are on the same level here. I've never seen trimmer trap's even if it is what I'm thinking of, so what is it that your talking about??<p><p>----------<br>&quot;guido&quot;<br>David M. Famiglietti

4. PLS

PLS LawnSite Member

Trimmer Trap is a company that started out making racks to hold string trimmers and stick edgers for your trailer or trucks. The Kreeper Kepper is a bracket that bolts on to wheeled equipment (mowers,street blowers, etc.). The bracket has two holes in it that a long pin slides through, the pin then passes through a small plate (with a hole in it) mounted on the floor. This is supposed to keep the equipment from moving around during transportation. It looks like a good idea, but I don't know anyone using them.

5. jrblawncare

jrblawncare LawnSite Senior Member

PLS is talking about trimmer traps &quot;kreeperkeepers&quot;they keep equipment from rolling around on the truck or trailer.It is a latchdown system for mowers it has three parts,floor bracket,keeper pin backet and keeper pin assembly.also helps prevent theft.I was wondering too what guys are using for to hold your mowers in place while on the road,do you just set the parking brake.. or use tie downs...both ?

6. jrblawncare

jrblawncare LawnSite Senior Member

pls you beat me to it !!

7. kermit

kermit LawnSite Member

For short distances I have cleats which hold equipment in place . For long distance (headed home at the end of the day or any trip over20mph) I use motorcycle tie downs from any autoparts store. They tend to walk away by them selves so I'm always replacing them. The item above was at the Landscape Ontario trade show in Toronto in Jan. and I think I'll weld up some thing similar for the spring.

8. Guido

Guido LawnSite Silver Member

Okay...I have seen them before either in Landscape and Irrigation mag or Northern a while back. Like Kermit said.....I had pretty much the same setup on my lawn maintenance trailer everyday so I used 2x4 cleats where the rear wheels of the mower sat and used 2 small cargo straps for each mower. They took less then a minute to take off and about 2 to put back on. I'd imagine just as fast as lining a pin and hole like the kreeperkeepers. I think you'd have to use some kind of cleats or markers to line up that kreeper keeper faster too?? I'd like to hear from someone thats actually used them though.<br><p>----------<br>&quot;guido&quot;<br>David M. Famiglietti

9. gene gls

gene gls LawnSite Gold Member

The Keeper pins sound good BUT if you need to squize an extra peice of equipment on the trailer then its back to nylon ratechett straps because every thing is out of place for the pins.

10. cutntrim

cutntrim LawnSite Senior Member

We nailed 2x4's to the floor of our trailers. We measured so the wheels of our equipment would fit snug. We use rubber straps around the handles as extra insurance. Nothing moves.<p>----------<br>Dave in S.Ontario<br>