1. Missed the live Ask the Expert event?
    Not to worry. Check out the archived thread of the Q&A with Ken Hutcheson, President of U.S. Lawns, and the LawnSite community in the Franchising forum .

Dismiss Notice

trailer tie downs?

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by C.T. Lawn Care, Mar 16, 2004.

1. C.T. Lawn Care

C.T. Lawn Care LawnSite Senior Member

i am reduing my trailer and was wondering what you guys are using to cunnect the strap to the trailer... I hook? D-rings?
  2. Pecker

Pecker LawnSite Bronze Member

My trailer has U-bolts welded to the frame in the corners. However, I use the Green - touch Fastrap straps to hold my ZTR, and I like it alot.
  3. zero_turn_mowers

zero_turn_mowers LawnSite Senior Member

I have been using eye-bolts for the past 2 years and they seem to work good.

4. Joe25

Joe25 LawnSite Member

I use the Fast straps from Green Touch as well, they work great, and are easy to secure and unsecure.
  5. johnbast3

johnbast3 LawnSite Member

Fast Staps or D rings..JB
  6. BSDeality

BSDeality LawnSite Silver Member

i welded on 8 or 10 D hooks on my trailer when i purchased it last year. it gives me plenty of different arrangements for holding down different equipment and loads.
  7. GrassFearsMe

GrassFearsMe LawnSite Senior Member

you guys actually tie down your mowers? Each time you leave a property? Seriously?
  8. gogetter

gogetter Banned

I don't know how it is in your state, but in PA there are SERIOUS fines for not having your equipment secured.
    Big fines! I'm not taking that chance.
  9. BSDeality

BSDeality LawnSite Silver Member

i don't know about you but i don't like having a couple thousand dollars of equipment just floating around on a trailer. we've got some windy roads as well as WAAAAAAY too many people that have no idea how to drive.

last time i heard, CT has a $600 fine for not securing equipment.
  10. TheKingNJ

TheKingNJ LawnSite Senior Member

thats another thing i like about my enclosed.