1. Missed the live Ask the Expert event?
    Not to worry. Check out the archived thread of the Q&A with Ken Hutcheson, President of U.S. Lawns, and the LawnSite community in the Franchising forum .

Dismiss Notice

trailer tie downs?

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by C.T. Lawn Care, Mar 16, 2004.

1. Acute Cut

Acute Cut LawnSite Senior Member

If my lazer flys over my two foot sides, and clears my truck in order to hit another car then i could not have stopped it with anything i could do. That would be stricktly an act of god. And if it jumps straight up and clears my four foot back ramp that is secured, then again i would have to put my faith in god. I dont have little side rails like some companies. I want to keep everything in.

You know, we all should tie down our lazers though. They have such a good chance of flying off and landing in a windshield of another car. Or so it is that others would have us believe. AND, if you got hit that hard where your 1200 lbs lazer migrated OVER all that, then what chance do you think you would have of actually surviving the initial accident anyways? Come on guys, think about this. Use your brains before spouting off emotionally drivin dribble. Geesh!
  2. gogetter

gogetter Banned

Yeah, everybody here has Lazers!
  3. rookiemower

rookiemower LawnSite Senior Member

heres a way to secure equipment in two seconds without straps and other crap i built it myself and it has never failed yet my WB never moves and it' s easy as 1

4. amass350

amass350 LawnSite Member

Hey you guys who use fast straps by green touch, do you strap down both back wheels or can you get by with one? I have a 44 inch walkbehind, do you think I could get by with just one back wheel strapped in?
  5. rookiemower

#2 pull in mower slide out pin slide pin back in:D

6. rookiemower

#3 and finally three lock mower in place (again this setup might not work for everyone but it definitly works for me):cool:

7. rookiemower

the back end is held in place by this angle which keeps mower to side of the trailor:cool: :p

8. GrassFearsMe

GrassFearsMe LawnSite Senior Member

That little contration looks awsome but as long as i dont have to strap my stuff down i won't. Too much wasted time.
  9. jajwrigh

jajwrigh LawnSite Bronze Member
    Male, from Martinsville, IN

I just attach ratcheting straps to different 90 degrees angles on each side on the trailers frame.
  10. Mlc gmc03

Mlc gmc03 LawnSite Senior Member
    from Indiana

all you guys wont have the same additude about securing your equipment when it falls off and kills a mom and her kids behind you, and for the one who said a strap isnt gonna hold it down come on man just dont get the $.99 ine get a quality one to do the job o and also on your walkbehinds that constant back ond forth movement while having it in gear will eat your trans over time so to me its more thant worth the 2 minutes at every house