trailer tie downs?

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by C.T. Lawn Care, Mar 16, 2004.

1. Richard Martin

Richard Martin LawnSite Fanatic

They're the only things holding my mowers in the trailer. I have no tailgate. It works really well at keeping people from tailgating me. I've had cops get right up behind me and then go about their business, so they must be satisfied that the load is safe. I tested Faststraps for 4 years with ZERO failures before doing this.

2. die4irish

die4irish LawnSite Member
    from ohio

bought mine 2 months ago because of comments on this site. Now I wonder why I didnt a long time ago. They work really good and so fast.

3. cps

cps LawnSite Member

Faststraps are great we've been using them for the last four years on different trailers. Mowers never move! However, here in NY you have to secure four-points to meet the DOT standards not just the two rear wheels..

4. grassmasterswilson

grassmasterswilson LawnSite Platinum Member
    from nc

I use my trailer to load many different types of equipment.

I haul my zspray, a ztr mower, a walker backed on. So I have multiple pieces that would need to be tied down in different spots

Any moveable tie downs? What about a track system that I could attach to the wooden floor of my open trailer?

5. cps

cps LawnSite Member

Etrack is great I have 3 more 10" sticks that I should be out installing now

6. Tylerr83

Tylerr83 LawnSite Member

absolutely, and not for nothing there are too many LCO's to count in my area and I have yet to see ONE even with an open trailer with their mowers tied down.

7. Bumpmaster

Bumpmaster LawnSite Fanatic

Sometimes I think cows fly.