Trailer Tires For Triaxle Trailer

Discussion in 'Hardscaping' started by jmkr02, Sep 3, 2013.

1. jmkr02

jmkr02 LawnSite Senior Member

I'm looking for trailer tires for my triaxle trailer. Is it is a single wheel not a dual wheel set up. The tires I have on the trailer right now are goodyear LT235 85 R16 Load range G. These tires cost a couple bucks, so I started shopping around. I came across Gladiator QR35-TR tires. They are half the cost does it mean they are 1/4, 1/2, 3/4, or as good as the good years? Also I am looking at load range g there is not much selection. If you go to load range F there are more tires to choose from and the weight capacity is 3960 per tire while the load range G tires are 3760. Why is F higer capacity then G or is there another factor involved other than weight. What does everyone else use for tires on their bobcat, cat, deere... trailer?

2. DVS Hardscaper

DVS Hardscaper LawnSite Fanatic

Holy cow you wrote a book!

I buy the cheapest tires. Even for my trucks. They last just as long. Buying name brand is nothing more than throwing good money away.

3. Stillwater

Stillwater LawnSite Platinum Member

I bought cheap off brand tires for one truck last year I don't regret it ....

4. jbailey52

jbailey52 LawnSite Bronze Member

Tires for our trailers cost something like $75 from trailer store....... My other tire guy has been trying to buy $95 steel ply I think they are saying they would last twice as long.... I get a whole season and a half now rather than the couple months from the cheap ones.

5. Stillwater

Even the dirt cheapest tire should last longer than a couple of months their might be a issue hear with your trailer

6. jbailey52

jbailey52 LawnSite Bronze Member

I might be be exaggerating, but the steel ones last much longer. These are on our lawn maintenance and landscape trailers. All tandem axel, and they chew through tires.

7. DVS Hardscaper

DVS Hardscaper LawnSite Fanatic

On the other hand, while you don't need a name brand - you also probably do not want the cheapest.

8. Stillwater

One.of my trailers is starting to scallop tires, mabey a repack and tighten will fix it.

9. Drakeslayer

Drakeslayer LawnSite Member

Who needs a triaxle trailer?? Keep your profits the market is tight.

10. jmkr02

jmkr02 LawnSite Senior Member

I am mainly looking for the load range that I have on it right now. I thought g would have a higher capacity than f but are close. I was just wondering if there was something else to the rating besides weight capacity. The goodyear tire is 325 a piece plus shipping I think it's crazy but it seems to be the only one with that spec.
    Posted via Mobile Device