Trailer Tires

Discussion in 'Trucks and Trailers' started by rungreen, Apr 28, 2012.

1. rungreen

rungreen LawnSite Member

Need four new 15" tires for trailer. Who makes something that will last, open to all brands.

2. Mowingman

Mowingman LawnSite Platinum Member
    from Texas

I have used only "Carlisle" trailer tires for over 20 years. From my experience, they last longer than any other trailer tire you can get.

3. PlantscapeSolutions

PlantscapeSolutions LawnSite Silver Member

Get the better Carlisle tires. You want tires that are rated for at least 65 psi. Like all tire companies Carlisle has it's low end B rated tires as well as C's and D's.

4. GravelyGuy

GravelyGuy LawnSite Silver Member
    from Indiana

They all suck. Period... Pathetic that nobody can produce one that last.

5. R & R Yard Designs

R & R Yard Designs LawnSite Senior Member

Look in to the otr brand they last a long time. I have them on a 12k enclosed for 3 years now.
    Posted via Mobile Device

6. knox gsl

knox gsl LawnSite Platinum Member

From what I've found most of them are designed to fail. Get a radial that is rated for more than its intended for.
    Posted via Mobile Device

7. Duekster

Duekster LawnSite Fanatic
    from DFW, TX

Carlisle radials from Discount Tire with Road Hazard. Has paid off twice so far.

8. Mowingman

Mowingman LawnSite Platinum Member
    from Texas

I use the Carlisle radials as well. I used to buy the Carlisle bias ply tires. however, as my trailers got bigger, and the loads heavier, I changed to the radials. Well worth the fairly small difference in price

9. Duekster

Duekster LawnSite Fanatic
    from DFW, TX

Like $10 or something.

10. knox gsl

knox gsl LawnSite Platinum Member

More than that, $25 to $30 per tire but you could double the life of the tire and the savings is in not having to pay to mount and balance tires as often. if you get an average of 6000 miles out of a set of bias plys at a cost of $75/tire installed then getting 10000 miles ot of a $100/tire set would in the long term would be cheaper.