Trailer Toolbox

Discussion in 'Original Pictures Forum' started by Toy2, Jan 3, 2009.

1. DLAWNS

DLAWNS LawnSite Fanatic

Nice, thanks for the help!

2. Toy2

Toy2 LawnSite Bronze Member

I needed a place for the straps/gloves small tools, but the whole reason I needed it was for the tongue lock, it always ended up in my truck bed, or the trailer, now I just unlock it and toss it into the box, if it doesn't hold up, I pull it off and get a metal one and paint it black...

I had an ammo can in the trailer, but it was a bad place, no matter where I moved it....

I saw this at Wally world on sale $15.99...

3. Chris B.

Chris B. LawnSite Senior Member

How big is the box?

4. Toy2

Its 22'' long, by 12'' wide, by 10'' tall.

I put some straps and gloves, but I need to add more to it, looks empty...LOL!!!:)

5. ed2hess

ed2hess LawnSite Fanatic

Couldn't have that plastic box unattended in our area they would rip it right off. Yes even in the daylight at job site tools are worth more at pawn shops than most other stuff. We use a smaller steel box with critical tools for field only and keep it in the truck but take it out each nite because again they will break windows to get to tools.

6. Kennedy Landscaping

Kennedy Landscaping LawnSite Fanatic

Wow, I'm glad my area is secure, why not a truck tool box? My sister got me a box very similar to that for x-mas but I am using it to keep some minor irrigation supplies in when I get the jobs, so its still empty right now.

7. born2farm

born2farm LawnSite Bronze Member

im doin the same thing to my trailer. it will just be bigger. i dont have the brace.

8. Toy2

Now that is pretty, sad, maybe a few shotgun blasts in the air would be enough to stop that crap.....I really don't have to worry that much around here, trailer is always behind a gate at night....

9. lifetree

lifetree LawnSite Fanatic

Like I said in another thread, I don't think I'd want to be in that market !!

10. 02DURAMAX

02DURAMAX LawnSite Gold Member

Thats what I will be adding to my trailer in the spring!