Trailer Toolbox

Discussion in 'Original Pictures Forum' started by Toy2, Jan 3, 2009.

1. Runner

Runner LawnSite Fanatic

I would fabricate a mount in the trailer at the front. The box would be suspended (or sitting on sort of a shelf) so that no floor space would be sacrificed. There is ALWAYS something that could go under the box, as well.
  2. Lakewlc

Lakewlc LawnSite Bronze Member

that looks good.
  3. Panhead

Panhead LawnSite Member

Very clever! I'll be doing that to my trailer with a small Chraftsman tool box.
  4. TimTim2008

TimTim2008 LawnSite Bronze Member

i have that same dummy center brace. anyone here removed it before? does it really hold any weight?

Would it be ok, to REMOVE that center brace, and put it back on flat?

cause i really really want a box like this

5. Runner

Runner LawnSite Fanatic

that brace is actually not a dummy brace. It is a cantilever and creates alot of leverage and structural integrity. Having it flat is essentially like not having nothing at all. these braces are more commonly found on trailers that are not built with a wrapped tongue. By the looks of your trailer tongue (Tom Tom), it looks like your trailer may very well have a wrapped tongue, but we can't tell from the front...have to see it from the side. I have an 18 ft. that is built with this brace, and I wouldn't even think of removing this brace at that point on the trailer - especially just for the sake of creatng room for a toolbox. As I said, I would certainly make room IN the trailer for a toolbox...whether it be elevated, or whatever. there is PLENTY of room on a trailer, if it is configured and organized right. I added 30 sq. ft. to my trailer just with shelves alone.
  6. Toy2

Toy2 LawnSite Bronze Member

You could always cut the bottom of that box to slip over the brace, but agree with not remove it......
  7. prolawn2123

prolawn2123 LawnSite Member

good idea there
  8. a clear difference lawn

a clear difference lawn LawnSite Senior Member

I think that is a great place to mount a toolbox. I have one mounted there as well. I got mine from Northern Tool and it also serves as a great workbench with the top closed. That is why I took the handle off.

pics of Duane's rig 001.jpg

DLAWNS LawnSite Fanatic

I want to put something that size on my trailer.
  10. Toy2

Toy2 LawnSite Bronze Member

Update on ammo box, I made a bracket to add to the look and protect it, this thing is tough, anyway here is the updated it looks like it belongs on the trailer