Trailer Vacuum

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by TGramstorff, Oct 25, 2005.

1. TGramstorff

TGramstorff LawnSite Member

Does anyone here have a leaf vac that you pull behind the truck on a small trailer?(Giant-Vac). I have a 20hp Giant vac leaf vac and im trying to figure out the best way to have the hose go from the discharge to the truck. Im afraid of it pulling out when im driving, or twisting on turns. Does anlyone else have this problem? Solutions? Please let me know, any help would be appreciated. Thanks
    Tim
    Essential Landscapes

2. uspw

uspw LawnSite Member

Tim,

What Kind Of Leaf Vac Do You Have, A Trailer To Pull Behind Your Truck?? And Also, Do You Have A Leaf Box Built On The Back Of That Truck? If So Just Run A Piece Of Hose From The End Of The Discharge Chute Into The Hole At The Top Of The Leaf Box. Make It So It Can Be Easily And Quickly Removed For When You Travel From Site To Site.

3. TGramstorff

TGramstorff LawnSite Member

thanks, its a Giant Vac 20hp. and yes i do have a leaf box on the truck.

4. jimmdenver

jimmdenver LawnSite Member

well sir, I keep the loader fastened securely to the trailer and bunjee the discharge and intake hoses to the trailer while driving. At the job, I un-bunjee the hoses, slide the discharge into a hole in my leaf box (which is completely enclosed) and use the intake hose freely.

Does that help?

Jimm Denver

5. LawnMower

LawnMower LawnSite Senior Member

I just bought a 20 horse leave loader. I'm going to try and fabricate something to mount onto my front plow mount. This way I can take it off or put it on in one minute just like my plow. I can pull the trailer with no space taken up. Everything can go to the job with one truck.

This all sounds good in theory but who knows if its going to work.

6. HOLLYWOOD6973

HOLLYWOOD6973 LawnSite Member
    from PGH PA

We Leave Are Hose In. Sometimes It Falls Out