Trailer values?

Discussion in 'Trucks and Trailers' started by Fubba, May 13, 2013.

1. Fubba

Fubba LawnSite Senior Member

I will soon be purchasing another lawn company. I'm trying to figure out a way to value two utility trailers that are in the deal. I've got my local dealer who's a friend that will value all the equipment, and I've used KBB for the vehicles. Any ideas?
    Posted via Mobile Device
  2. PamlicoLawnCare

PamlicoLawnCare LawnSite Member

If you are able to get the approximate purchase price of the trailers when new from the current owner, the current values will generally be 25% to 50% of that original price...depending on the current condition and age.

"Current condition" is subjective and you and the current owner will have to come to a meeting of the minds on that one.
  3. Blade Runners

Blade Runners LawnSite Bronze Member

What kind of trailers are they?
  4. dareo

dareo LawnSite Member

If you bought brand new trailers instead of his used ones you could depreciate them as business assets. I'm not sure if you can get tax advantages with his used stuff. Just some ammo for negotiating.
  5. Dually00-00

Dually00-00 LawnSite Member

The federal government alows you to depreciate new and used equipment .
  6. Fubba

Fubba LawnSite Senior Member

One is a 7X16 Horton Hauler enclosed trailer and one is a 7X20 ish flatbed trailer used for sod and utility tractor transport.

I'm preparing this mainly for the bank for the loan. Will they accept mine and the current owners agreed upon value?
    Posted via Mobile Device