1. Missed the live Ask the Expert event?
    Not to worry. Check out the archived thread of the Q&A with Ken Hutcheson, President of U.S. Lawns, and the LawnSite community on the Franchising Forum.

Dismiss Notice

trailer wall height

Discussion in 'Trucks and Trailers' started by yard sloth, Aug 28, 2004.

1. yard sloth

yard sloth LawnSite Member

hi, I'm thinking of upgrading from my current 5 x 10 trailer to a 6 or 6.5 x 12 or 14 ft. size with rear and side gate. What would the advantages be of getting one with 4 ft. walls instead of the standard 1 ft. walls? I like that on short walls mower handles can hang over, and you can load / unload small stuff ( trash cans, branches, etc. ) over the sides. I guess taller walls might have a security advantage though. any suggestions? thanks

2. youngdude

youngdude LawnSite Member

You wont have to worry about losing as much mulch with the 4ft walls, thats if you put mulch in the trailer.

3. I have two foot metal sides with a six inch rail on top of that. Nice for securing things but I stretch to reach the something on the floor, like a strap or bungee, if I'm standing outside of it.

4. lawncare3

lawncare3 LawnSite Bronze Member

I have 34" wooden sides and if I didn't have them I wouldn't be able to put as much deck/grass/leaves without em. Best $150 spent.

5. lawncare3

lawncare3 LawnSite Bronze Member

Update. I just moved 6 yards of decking and without the sides it wouldn't be possible