1. Missed the live Ask the Expert event?
    Not to worry. Check out the archived thread of the Q&A with Ken Hutcheson, President of U.S. Lawns, and the LawnSite community on the Franchising Forum.

Dismiss Notice

trailer welding

Discussion in 'Trucks and Trailers' started by Frontier-Lawn, Nov 16, 2005.

1. Frontier-Lawn

Frontier-Lawn LawnSite Silver Member

anyone in sarasota fl that can weld. i need to weld a shackle on my waste trailer. any one around here that can do it? it cant be moved until its done!

2. work4green

work4green LawnSite Member

I'll be in Sarasota next week to visit family. I can weld but won't have a welder... (FIL has a cheapie mig but I doubt I'd trust it to a structural weld)

There should be a mobile welding service in the area?

3. olderthandirt

olderthandirt LawnSite Platinum Member
    from here

Might be cheaper to jack it up and remove the spring and shackle and have them fixed than get a mobil welder to come out. And it might be faster too.

4. work4green

work4green LawnSite Member

I hope old broken parts are being replaced it new, not being welded back together. I'm as cheap as anybody, but you don't skimp on suspension parts. :dizzy:

If you want to get a strong welder for repairs, check out www.readywelder.com That's what I use and its a hot welder using fluxcore. You'll need two good batteries, but if you need to do any welding on-site it is worth it. In fact, I don't currently have a shop welder(no power yet). I just use the batteries. I'd bring it down on my trip but we're taking my wife's Honda Civic(diesel prices are through the roof, otherwise I'd drive my dodge ram).

5. Frontier-Lawn

ok let me clarify.................. i have a new spring and 2 new shackles. the old ones i cut off due to rusted out. i just need the front new one welded so i dont have to drill a hole to bolt it on.

6. lwcmattlifter

lwcmattlifter LawnSite Senior Member
    from NC

Is this the 4x8 in your sig? Why not get someone to help load it in your truck and take it to a welding shop?

7. Frontier-Lawn

its about 500lbs my truck would sink in the rear

8. South Florida Lawns

South Florida Lawns LawnSite Platinum Member
    from usa

I wish I could help but I never get down there.

9. NEUSWEDE

NEUSWEDE LawnSite Bronze Member
    from Maine

Here you go, one search of yahoo yellow pages and turns up 8 welder in you area, this one is mobile, call them and I am sure they will come do it!

A Affordable Mobile Welding
    (941) 966-7456

good luck