1. Missed the live Ask the Expert event?
    Not to worry. Check out the archived thread of the Q&A with Ken Hutcheson, President of U.S. Lawns, and the LawnSite community on the Franchising Forum.

Dismiss Notice

Trailer you don't see everday

Discussion in 'Trucks and Trailers' started by Donald A, Jul 6, 2012.

1. Donald A

Donald A LawnSite Member

2. knox gsl

knox gsl LawnSite Platinum Member

I saw pics on here about a year ago of one of those. It was a little longer than that and had an area on the front to hold 2 or 3 mowers. I think they are built over in western NE maybe Scottsbluff or something like that, great for guys running walkers.

3. TriCountyLawn

TriCountyLawn LawnSite Bronze Member

Ive been on the look out for a few years for a mower trailer with a dump on it. Ive seen probably 20 or so but none were perfect yet.

4. tnmtn

tnmtn LawnSite Bronze Member
    from NE Tn.

has anyone tried mounting a pick up bed insert horizontally across a landscape trailer? maybe a model for a short bed pick up would work nice.

5. vaacutabove

vaacutabove LawnSite Bronze Member

There is a guy on here that runs a insert sideways on a NPR cab over I always thought. That would be pretty slick but the dump inserts don't hold that much.

6. 4 seasons lawn&land

4 seasons lawn&land LawnSite Gold Member
    from NY

why not just tow a landscape trlr with a 1 ton dump?

7. Patriot Services

Patriot Services LawnSite Fanatic

How the hell do you load it? Way too tall to be useful. Looks like it was purpose built to loaded from a hopper.
    Posted via Mobile Device

8. knox gsl

Look at the pics on the ebay ad. It has a loading hopper that comes down for you to dump a walker style mower into and then goes up over the top to dump into the bin. I'm not sure why you would want one od these without an area to haul the mowers also.

9. knox gsl

10. dieseltech

dieseltech LawnSite Senior Member

Pulled one of those yesterday...a buddy of mine is an lco and runs walkers. He has one with that hopper and about 12ft of space in the front for equipment. It is a very heavy trailer that i wouldnt want to pull everyday but for someone needing a dump/utility it would be ok. I on the other hand had a bota zd326 on it and man was it a heavy mowing trailer
    Posted via Mobile Device