Trailer

Discussion in 'Starting a Lawn Care Business' started by FIVE-0LAWNS, Apr 1, 2006.

1. FIVE-0LAWNS

FIVE-0LAWNS LawnSite Member

Do they make a 66" Or 5.1/2' trailer? Can't seem to find one. I am getting a Scag 48". With the bagger the width is about 59" and I don't want to tear up the trailer or mower with a five foot wide trailer. Thanks

2. mcwlandscaping

mcwlandscaping LawnSite Gold Member

get one even bigger, you will expand your biz and grow with bigger mowers and equipment, prepare for this now, get at least a 6 footer IMO

3. qualitylawnmanagement

qualitylawnmanagement LawnSite Bronze Member

The for a anything bigger than a 12ft is 6 1/2ft wide, but you can get 83in wide too. How long of trailer are you getting?

4. POPO4995

POPO4995 LawnSite Bronze Member

Get a width of 6 feet minimum.

5. FIVE-0LAWNS

I want to stay small and do residential lawns. I'm towing it with an 04 jeep cherokee with a 4.0L V-6. Putting the clippings into a buddies old Ranger P/U truck. Also they don't make a true 6' wide trailer. I've only found 6'4" or 6'6". I'm looking for a length of 10'. I'll have my 48" zero turn with spindle driven baggging system, and a 21" Honda push mower and thats about it. Thats all I really want on it. Less is more. Thanks

6. qualitylawnmanagement

qualitylawnmanagement LawnSite Bronze Member

Get a 6X12, Yes they do my 6 wide deck on on a 12. Go to cornpro.com. I have one and I have 79in wide inside the wheel wells.

7. Tom c.

Tom c. LawnSite Member

Doolittle trailers makes a 66in widex10ft trailer. I just bought one its perfect for my side yardstorage and holds two mowers nicely. Call 1-800-654-4958 for dealer info or www.doolittle trailers.com Good luck Tom:waving:

8. FIVE-0LAWNS

TOM C. THIS TRAILER APPEARS TO BE EXACTLY WHAT I AM LOOKING FOR. DO YOU HAVE ONE AND IF SO ARE THEY ANY GOOD? IF NOT HAVE YOU HEARD ANYTHING ABOUT THEM..........GOOD OR BAD. THANKS:drinkup:

9. FIVE-0LAWNS

TOM C. DISREGARD THE LAST POST. YOU ANSWERED MY QUESTION BEFORE I ASKED IT. I NEED SLEEP.:drinkup:

10. FIVE-0LAWNS

DOOLITTLE DOES MAKE THE 66" WIDE TRALIER BUT I CAN'T GET ONE UNTIL THE THE MIDDLE OF MAY. ANY OTHER TRAILER MANUFACTURERS SELL THE
    66" WIDE TRAILER. I'LL GO WITH A 72" WIDE TRAILER AT THE MOST. I CAN'T FIND A TRUE SIX FOOT WIDE TRAILER EITHER. THEY ARE ALL 6'6". I'M LOOKING AT 10 OR 12' LONG. MY IDEAL TRAILER WOULD BE 5'6"x10'. THANKS