trailer

Discussion in 'Starting a Lawn Care Business' started by Mr.Lawn, Dec 10, 2006.

1. Mr.Lawn

Mr.Lawn LawnSite Member
    from Florida

When you folks purchased your trailers, do you have the wood decking or not???? Any pro or cons???? Thanks

2. BUCKEYE MOWING

BUCKEYE MOWING LawnSite Bronze Member

I have a metal deck and a wood deck...depends on what your hauling ...but I think the wood deck is better IMO

3. lawnpro724

lawnpro724 LawnSite Silver Member

I have a 5x10 with a metal mesh floor that we use for mowing on smaller jobs, it has tilt bed and light weight good for mowing but thats about it. I also have 6x16 tandem axle with wood deck for the bigger jobs. I prefer wood for two reasons , easy cleanup & maintnance and replacement.

4. The Captain

The Captain LawnSite Senior Member

I've got two with wood decks. I've just replaced the wood on my 16' after who knows how much abuse. I like the wood because I'm always dropping something:hammerhead: , like a nut, screw or a bolt. The solid deck saves me from crawling under to retrieve it, (if I can even find what I dropped). It's more versatile. You can haul stone, mulch and stuff like that easier. Easier to install "D-rings" for tie downs. Granted, the wood decks are heavier than the expanded metal decks, but I think they are best.

As has been said before.....get as big as you can afford and can store. Trailers like some other things, seem to shrink :laugh: with age and use.

The Captain

5. Idealtim

Idealtim LawnSite Senior Member

Wood automaticly comes with most larger trailers. Although it did not effect my purchase that both my trailers are steel, it sucks when the floor dips and tears.