1. Missed the live Ask the Expert event?
    Not to worry. Check out the archived thread of the Q&A with Ken Hutcheson, President of U.S. Lawns, and the LawnSite community in the Franchising forum .

Dismiss Notice

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by CLC, Jul 25, 2001.

1. CLC

CLC LawnSite Member

How much do you guys think I could get for my 12x6 trailer 1 axle with Split gate
  2. Lawn-Scapes

Lawn-Scapes LawnSite Silver Member

Is it a name brand? How old is it? Light weight or heavy duty? How much is it new? Is it beat up? Have you looked locally to see what they are selling for?

Is there a forum for buying and selling here?
  3. why are you selling it? possibly it could serve as a backup. or for moving other equipment or supplies?
  4. crazygator

crazygator LawnSite Bronze Member

Well, around here I can get a new 6x12, wood decking, A frame tongue (not the single post) with jack, single gate, any color for 650.00. I don't know your area but would just hang on to it instead of selling. You may not get enough to justify getting rid of it.
  5. gogetter

gogetter Guest

Around here the same thing described above would run anywhere from about $850 to $1500.
    Crazygator, that's a great price! I wouldn't be able to find a low-end 5'x10' for $650!
    I paid $750 for my 5'x10' and that was the lowest price around my way.

CLC, if you can swing it, put some equipment on that trailer and a cheap pick up infront of it and hire a new employee to run solo for ya! :p
  6. eslawns

eslawns LawnSite Senior Member

Around here a 5x10 will go (new) for around $1000, and my 6x12 was $1100. 5x10 is the most popular size. The dealer gave me more than half the price of my new one in trade.
  7. PrimeGreen Lawn

PrimeGreen Lawn LawnSite Member

I recently sold a 12' tandem axle for $700 to a lawnsite member.
  8. SLS

SLS LawnSite Bronze Member
    from Mars

Yup crazygator!

Got my 6x12 up in Gallatin for $649...tax included. :)

Single axle, single mesh ramp, wood plank deck, jack, "A' style tongue, and lights.

Electric brakes and breakaway box was offered for an additional $150.

Most of them come with used tires though....I've already replaced those 'May-Pops' with Dunlops....$15 apiece-USED- but with plenty of tread.

Maybe Nashville really is a cheap place to live afterall. :D