Trailer

Discussion in 'Trucks and Trailers' started by dodgerfan, Mar 3, 2010.

1. dodgerfan

dodgerfan LawnSite Member
    from Iowa

Another question guy's, is a 6.5x10 trailer big enough for 1 ztr 54" or 62" + a 36" walk behind and std push mower ? Buying a new one b/c the used are going for what almost as much as the used!

Thanks

2. vanncann

vanncann LawnSite Senior Member

No! Going to be to small, depending on the brands and size. Just ask the dealer for dimensions and add it all together.

3. dodgerfan

from Iowa

How about a 12' with 1 ztr, 36" walk & mower ?

4. SchnabelLawnCare

SchnabelLawnCare LawnSite Senior Member

That might work, but I would definitely go with the 14'. You will run out of room fast and a little wiggle room is better than none.

5. Chilehead

Chilehead LawnSite Bronze Member
    Male, from Stockbridge, GA

A 6'X12" will fit a large Z plus a 36" & 21" walk mower. You will need to park the walk mowers towards the front of the trailer with the handles pointing towards the back.

6. dodgerfan

from Iowa

WOW ! Will be that tight? Should I just get a 14' trailer ? The only reason I wanted to get a smaller one (if it would work) is so I could park it easily garage.

7. dura to the max

dura to the max LawnSite Silver Member
    from georgia

id get the 14' too... what you're saying will be tight, w/ little to no room for error or to work with

8. Big C

Big C LawnSite Bronze Member

It's the same problem I had...after looking at the 14 footers, I decided on a 16 footer because it was less then $100 more for the 16' vs. the 14'....JMO

9. dodgerfan

from Iowa

Thanks everyone, I would have made a BIG mistake! I was'nt even going to ask b/c thought it was a dumb question.

10. rcslawncare

rcslawncare LawnSite Bronze Member

I wanted a 12 foot single axle for one 60", but ended up with a 14 foot. Its not that much difference in pulling and there is a lot of floor space, go bigger!