Trailer

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by Craig T, Sep 24, 2002.

1. Craig T

Craig T LawnSite Member

Just got a new 6x10 trailer last Friday with a wood floor and a
    4" gate ramp, pick it up in Oklahoma made by some Mennonites
    very well built $600.00 Excellent price when you compare to some trailer prices in Wichita.

2. Craig T

Craig T LawnSite Member

Suppose to be a reply to (Whats A fair price for a Trailer)

3. mdb landscaping

mdb landscaping LawnSite Silver Member

My first trailer was a big tex 6 by 10 open trailer and i got that for $900, so you made out very well. Trailers always seem to be more expensive up this way(i guess cause they ship them further). I grew out of that one very quickly, only had it a year and jumped up to an 8 by 14 enclosed trailer.

4. lawnkid

lawnkid LawnSite Senior Member

Hey mdb landscaping,

How much did you pay for your 8' by 14' enclosed. Just curious.

5. soccer coach

soccer coach LawnSite Member
    from midwest

Craig, Could I get the info on the trailer? Phone number, address and such? I live about 10 miles from the OK state line. Does it come with nice wheels and new tires? Bet they don't have a web site,ha. :p Thanks.

6. walker-talker

walker-talker LawnSite Platinum Member
    from Midwest

Hey Craig,

Did you try Trailer town over on North 53rd st. or try The Big Tool Store on K-15. I recently bought a new 16ft for $1270 (or so), tandem axle, brakes and emergency break away switch, recessed lights. Brand name is PJ Trailers. Sounds like you got a pretty good deal. Prices around here are not near as bad as some others have it.

MATT

7. RedOak

RedOak LawnSite Member
    from DFW

6'6" x 16' tandem axel trailer with diamond plated wheel wells and pipe railing goes for $850 including tax. A buddy of mine just picked one up last week. Its a nice trailer for that price.

8. walker-talker

walker-talker LawnSite Platinum Member
    from Midwest

WOW.......that one heck of a deal.

MATT

9. Scag48

Scag48 LawnSite Fanatic

I bought a used 6X10 open for $650, 3500 lb. axle, 4 ft. heavy duty expanded metal gate, heavy duty I-beam frame. It's built a little heavier duty than what I need it for, but I got it cheap. I put wood sides on it, which look pretty sweet since I didn't come with sides.

10. scagman

scagman LawnSite Senior Member

A 6X12 with all the goodies: Sides, split gates, front cage, trimmer racks, tandem with brakes goes for about $3,000 in good ol Wa. State.