Trailer?

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by turfcare, Jan 29, 2003.

1. turfcare

turfcare LawnSite Senior Member

Hey guys, I am new to this site and have just started in the buisness. I am going to buy a 16 foot open trailer this weekend and I have a choice between square tubing and this angle iron stuff, not much difference in price. Any pros and cons on either?

2. baddboygeorge

baddboygeorge LawnSite Bronze Member

first what is the price differnece. the tube or channel is stronger.i can get a regular 16 foot tandem here in ky for 765 add 125 for drop gate . let me know thanks

3. turfcare

turfcare LawnSite Senior Member

The angle iron trailer is $905.00 with a four foot gate. The square tubing is $960.00 with a four foot gate.

4. baddboygeorge

baddboygeorge LawnSite Bronze Member

for 55 bucks the square tubing is much more stronger any questions feel free

5. GLS

GLS LawnSite Bronze Member

I would definetely get the square tubing. Much stronger IMO.

6. yardman1

yardman1 LawnSite Senior Member

Buy the square tubing for sure, much stronger than the angle.

7. CLC

CLC LawnSite Member

The square is gonna me more weight

8. svlandscape

svlandscape LawnSite Member

Buy the square tube trailer. Much easier to add on racks for your strin trimmers, blower, Etc.

9. Tony Harrell

Tony Harrell LawnSite Senior Member

Get the tube trailer, it's a lot stronger. Also, better check that 4 foot gate. It might need to be lengthened to 5 feet. I had to lengthen mine and I've seen where a lot of guys had to also. Make sure the tongue is made out of CHANNEL, not angle. Hope this helps.

10. mulchmonkey2000

mulchmonkey2000 LawnSite Member

That's it for a 16' trailer? I wish could find a used one for that much here. :dizzy: