trailering standers

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by gogetter, Jan 21, 2002.

1. gogetter

gogetter Banned

Tried the search. Nothing.

Do you guys with standers (I'm looking at Wrights, but Danes would apply too) have any problems with bottoming out when trailering your machines?
    I know that with my 36" wb, I have to raise the front end as it goes over the top of the ramp so it doesn't bottom out. How would ya do this with a stander?
    Thanks.

2. Got Grass?

Got Grass? LawnSite Senior Member

I used a Dane stander for a year, NO problems with bottoming out as it has such a short wheel base. I only had a problem once but thats another story tring to load it on larger tractor type trailer. Normally used a 6x12 (or close to) open. Worst case depending on the trailer ya would just have to come on at an angle.

3. GrassChopper

GrassChopper LawnSite Member

I use a 48" and a 36" Wright Stander on a 6 x 12 open trailer. No problems with the bottoming out. I agree that goin up at an angle might help.

4. grassgobbler

grassgobbler LawnSite Member
    from TN

i have a 52" surfer and i had to turn my drop reciever upside down. that raised the front of the trailer, thus dropping the rear of the trailer.

5. sheppard

sheppard LawnSite Senior Member

Especially for a guy like me who is planning on buying 1 or 2 in the next couple of months.

Keep up the good posts on Standers!

Cordially,

Sheppard
    Salter Lawn Care, Inc.